Search results

1. C

Conched's RSM 250

The cleaner has been missing since Thursday, I was hoping he was just hiding out. I suspect fowl play.
  2. C

Conched's RSM 250

Well, I had my first set back this week. My jumbo sized skunk cleaner is missing. The only trace was 2 antenae otherwise no remains. I do have a big fire shrimp but I do not think he could have consumed the entire body. I don't think I have any pistol shrimp but a mantis is a good possibility. I...
  3. C

fully cured Live Rock...

To really jump into this thread and discuss cured vs uncured rock could take pages of typing from each participant. There are tons of variables that need to be considered to respond. I will give it a shot, but please realize I would only be able to touch on a small piece of the puzzle. There are...
  4. C

Kyle's RSM 250

Why can't I get the bubbles up farther in the neck? Did I clean the skimmer neck too well or is there maybe not as much for the skimmer to take out of the tank now? Thanks, --Kyle You cleaned the skimmer neck fine, does not need to be sparkly clean. Turn the air valve on the skimmer all...
  5. C

Setup and timing for new aquariums

Terry - I agree with you 100%. It is just so hard for somebody to be able to identify "cured" LR, especially the good stuff like a fiji. I set up a 28gallon Nanocube with some Cured aquacultured rock a few months ago. That rock was out of the gulf of Mexico and into my tank in about 48 hours...
  6. C

Lags' 250

+1 - You don't really need the damsels to cycle the tank. They might make for more trouble than they are worth. The live rock tends to be able to start the cycle process from all the die off. Good luck.
  7. C

Setup and timing for new aquariums

There are so many variables to an individual set up that there could never really be a perfect set of rules that would apply every time other than going by the most conservative advice. I have set up around a dozen aqariums over the years some fresh some saltwater and they have all been...
  8. C

Conched's RSM 250

I placed the Chemi pure directley on top of the other carbon bag.
  9. C

Kyle's RSM 250

The diatom bloom is a good sign, it means your tank is in the final stages of the initial cycle. Also, it is not uncommon to have little mini blooms after the tank has been up for a few months, it can take months for a new tank to become stable. You might wait until the bloom clears up before...
  10. C

Lags' 250

Rock work looks really good. Only a fellow reefer an appreciate 30 pounds of gnarly rock piled up in a tank.. Are you planning on keeping the damsels for the long haul ?
  11. C

Conched's RSM 250

I put the chemi pure on the filter material shelf, te chamber next to the 600 gph pump.
  12. C

Conched's RSM 250

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and support. I am going to bust out my good camera and see if I can get some decent coral shots, maybe sometime this week.
  13. C

Reefmack's RSM 130

Terry - I see you have your Acans on the bottom, that is where i just moved mine, seems like they don't like too much light. By the way your tank is one of the best I have seen on this forum. Matt
  14. C

Conched's RSM 250

Here is a shot of the silver surfer. He is my all time favorite. Everybody that sees him comments that he looks like a mini mahi mahi. This guy is pretty too, just needs to loose the tude.
  15. C

Conched's RSM 250

That would be Dr. Evil and the silver surfer. Dr. Evil is a purple tang and the silver surfer is a midas blenny. I named him Dr. Evil because he is evil. Every time I put my hands in the tank for anything he comes at me tail first and threatens to cut me with his scalpels. At this point this...
  16. C

Conched's RSM 250

I am using one of the bags of carbon that cam with the system and one bag of Chemi pure elite. Just put in the chemi pure in a few days ago.
  17. C

Conched's RSM 250

Here is a shot from today, so the tank is a little over 1 month.
  18. C

Conched's RSM 250

Hello all. Today I decided to start a tank thread for my new RSM 250. It has been up and running since December 18, 2009. This first picture is the aquarium set up after about 2 weeks. In this picture there is about 50 pounds of live rock and 60 pounds of live sand.
  19. C

What should my next fish be??

I have had a Midas Blenny for a few weeks now. It was the one of the first 2 fish in my tank. The are very pretty, active fish. They tend to hover in the water column and sample every little tidbit that floats by and then dart into the rock work if they get spooked. I have not seen mine so much...
  20. C

Nigma's 250!!

I can see your tank is going to be a real beauty. The big live rock will look awesome when it purples up.