Search results

1. D

Cowrie-Arabic safe with Anemones

Can anyone tell me if Cowrie-Arabic snails are a safe addition to a tank with bubble tip anemones? Dan
  2. D

Advice on chemical control of Ammonia in Quarintine Tank

Hi, I have four fish, two clowns a small yellow and blue tang, in a 38 litre quarantine tank while my main tank is running fishless for 8 weeks. Fish were treated with Cupramine for White Spot for 2 weeks with the Q tank now running straight NSW. Now 3 1/2 weeks in. I have been doing daily...
  3. D

Should I be pulling any of these Anemones out immediately

Thanks for your advice guys, I would like to keep at least some of the Anemones. Until I did something stupid they were reasonably happy. Lighting will be upgraded at some time. Biological filtration to be increased(slowly) At this stage I intend to use the canister filter to support...
  4. D

Thanks , I am a bit calmer now. Seeing how I have got a few replies to this post I will run into some details. Apologies for the length. Please bear in mind that I have inherited a 3 year old tank 2 months ago. System was moved complete. Water, live rock, sand etc. After research I would...
  5. D

Hi, I am having problems attaching photos to this Thread. I have downloaded photos of 6 Anemones to "My Photos"on this site. Hopefully they can be easily located by some kind person who is willing to offer some advice. Reasons for my current problems are on another tread. Sufficient to...
  6. Sick Anemones (no 5)

Sick Anemones (no 5)

Similar to first anemone. All tips green, responsive
  7. Sick Anemione (no 1)

Sick Anemione (no 1)

All tips green, Body looks has lost some color. Anemone reactive
  8. Sick Anemone (No 6)

Sick Anemone (No 6)

Anemone moved here a few days ago. responsive, but bleached, hanging down. This anemone is usually huge.
  9. Sick Anemones (no 4)

Sick Anemones (no 4)

Anemone bleached. A few of the tentacles have color, Body color OK
  10. Sick Anemone (no 3)

Sick Anemone (no 3)

Anemone bleached, no color in tentacles. Body color OK. Barely responsive
  11. Sick Anemone (No 2)

Sick Anemone (No 2)

Anemone is splitting. Both sections, and middle have color. All sections responsive.
  12. D

Anemone Help/Advice Please

Hi, I am not sure if this the the correct spot to raise by problem but hopefully someone has had experience with this problem and can (please) give me some advice. Background. 2 months ago was given a 4 ft 200 liter tank. The system was about 3 years old. I was able to move the system...
  13. D

Question on Canister Filters

Hi, I am using a Canister Filter to power a Chiller. 200 Litre Tank with protein Skimmer (Bio Wheel) and live rock. What media is suggested for the Filter. Currently I am running noodles in two sections, third empty. Sponge layers (3) in place. Filter came with Charcoal which am not...
  14. D

Urgent question re quarintine tank/ich

Well got the Clown Fish in this morning. Stocked up on water. Just did an ammonia test 0.5ppm. This is after the QT running 1 1/2 days. Did a quick 33% water change (12 litres in 36 litre tank). Then some surfing. Appears Cupramine interferes with most Ammonia testing kits causing unusually...
  15. D

Thanks Dave, I will add the Clowns to the Q tank tomorrow. Already lights out here and they are in hiding. (I'm in Sydney). I need to create a few hiding spots for them in the Q tank first anyway. They will really miss their anemones. I did not think I would have a problem with the Tangs...
  16. D

Quick background. 2 months ago was given a 4 ft 200 liter tank. The system was about 3 years old. I was able to move the system complete, original water, liverock, sand. An old (large) blue tang and a shrimp did not survive the move. Two clown fish and 7 anemones (now 8) and, assorted snails...