Search results

1. stevesparkes

Red sea Algae Control test kit & Phosphate X Reducer.

Morning all, I've got an algae problem. I've invested in the Red Sea Algue Control kit as well as the Phosphate Reducer. My question is can I use Chemipure Elite at the sometime as using the Red Sea course or should I complete the Red Sea course first. The Red Sea Phosphate Reducer says not...
  2. stevesparkes

It started with an RSM130D - Upgrading to the AquaReef 300

Hi all,   As some of you know I’ve been keen to take my marine keeping to the next level. After a huge amount of looking around and comparing other set-ups with the RSM250 I’ve decided to buy the AquaReef 300. The RSM250 is a beautiful looking aquarium but there is more to marine keeping than...
  3. stevesparkes

Hello - it's been long time.

It's been a long time, just popping by to say Hi. Hope all is good with everybody else.
  4. stevesparkes

Storing live rock

Hi guys,   I’ve not been on here much but I do have a question I could do with some advice with.   I want to collect together some live rock over a period of 2 or 3 months so I can hopefully get some good pieces and build my perfect rockscape.   I was going to keep in salt water with...
  5. stevesparkes

Merry Christmas everybody

Merry Christmas everybody. Looking forward to getting up to speed with you guys in the New Year. Steve
  6. stevesparkes

Still here but watching, busy, busy, busy. “I will be back” :).

I’ve just returned from holiday. Weeks diving in the Red Sea, Dahab and yes it was great. I’m really bogged down at work at the moment & we’re also having a new kitchen fitted, so I’ll be watching what’s happening but not getting too involved, but I’m still here, hopefully I won’t miss anything...
  7. stevesparkes

Frozen food in fridge

Quick question, I’ve got a 15 day holiday planned, typically how long could I keep frozen food day portions in the fridge. My lad will be looking after my Sun Coral and fish while I’m away and I was thinking, if I could simplify the feeding process by day quantity’s my coral and fish are...
  8. stevesparkes

HELP - Project Aware protect our underwater environments

We love our aquariums so I can only assume you guys love the oceans and the life in it. We are also very anal about the water quality in our aquariums and the conditions that we strive to attain in order to keep healthy coral and fish in our aquariums. So again I can only assume you feel the...
  9. stevesparkes

Aquaray LED’s can they be used to replace the T5’s in the RSM130D?

I have a question regarding the Aquaray LED’s. Would be very interested in others opinions. Do you think it would be possible to replace the T5’s with Aquarays and achieve equivalent lighting or better without any detrimental affect to the coral in your aquarium? If the answer is yes to...
  10. stevesparkes

RSM130D Sump tank

Just curious, who’s running a sump tank on their RSM130 or 130D, as I have a couple of questions on how it’s done and what’s required’ Photos would also be very helpful. I’m interested in a kit list of parts needed that can be purchased in the UK. If it’s not too expensive and reasonably...
  11. stevesparkes

It’s starting to warm up in the UK, I think summer could be here.

It’s started warming up in the UK, I don’t have a chiller so I’m doing everything I can to ensure the water temperature doesn’t get to warm. I’m running a RSM130D and so far my temp is where I want it but the house is warming up and not cooling down, so I’m focusing on ways to keep the...
  12. stevesparkes

RSM Media - Chemi-pure Elite – Purigen - Seachem SeaGel - Media Racks & Water Changes

I found the below threads very useful, if you haven’t seen them they are well worth a read. I’ve ditched my bio balls and I’m currently using CPE and Purigen but will be changing my CPE to Seachem SeaGel as it’s easier to get hold off in the UK and others are having success with it as you...
  13. stevesparkes

Has it died or will life find a way.

Guys, I’ve got a white torch ‘I think that’s what it’s called, When I started stocking my tank with coral I positioned it where I thought it would be OK next to three different types of hammers. My hammers have grown like wild fire (:)) and in the process they have stung and killed my torch...
  14. stevesparkes

Ellaidhoo Resort, Maldives Diving Photos

Hi guys I’m lucky enough to have been on another diving holiday to the Maldives. Had some great diving, good weather at a top resort, if you like diving, Maldives is a great destination. Hope you enjoy the photos Steve Sparkes Photographs
  15. stevesparkes

Made me Laugh

16. stevesparkes

Great forum - Thanks to all

Theirs so much going on, on this forum I just don’t have time to keep up with everybody’s conversations, photos and posts so sorry if I’m not keeping up. Great crowd, great forum and some fantastic photos of tanks, corals and fish. Really glad to be part of it. :hallo: Everybody.
  17. stevesparkes

Maldives diving Photos

I’ve updated my web page with my photos from my trip to the Maldives last November hope you enjoy. Steve Sparkes Photographs
  18. stevesparkes

Steve Sparkes Updated Photo RSM130D

April 2010. I’ve not posted or commented for a while, been really busy. Thought I’d post an updated photo of my tank. As you can see it’s all going pretty well and still looking pretty good. I do love my tank just wish I could have a bigger one, if only I had more space and the money...
  19. stevesparkes

What Chiller for RSM130D in the UK

Hi, I’m interested in knowing what my options are for a chillier for a RSM130D. The summer is on its way and if we’re lucky enough to get one this year I want to make sure I know what type of chillier I need, where to get it from and approximately how much they cost. Or is their an...
  20. stevesparkes

Salinity and water changes

I'm really interested in knowing the answer to the following question, so if someone could help that would be great. Accepted margin of error with salinity when mixing salt for water changes: How much out would it need to be before you start stressing or affecting the inhabitants of your...