Search results

1. goma

Reef Sanctuary March Madness Bracket

We are going to have a Reef Sanctuary March Madness Bracket with great prizes!! Take a look at this thread and join in!! http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/90540-reef-sanctuary-march-madness-bracket.html
  2. goma

Nitrate question

When a tank finishes cycling, the usual end result is low to zero Nitrites along with a spike in Nitrates. We then do a large water change to remove the Nitrates or at least drop them to an acceptable level. If a water change is not done, will the Nitrates eventually drop/convert to an...
  3. goma

Red Sea Reef Energy

I got this in an email yesterday and thought I'd share: The story behind the development of REEF ENERGY Red Sea's Energy Efficient Coral Nutrition In an artificial reef aquarium we want our corals to grow faster and have stronger colors than in nature. In order to meet these demands Red...
  4. goma

Steve's LED PAR value in RSM 250

I took the following PAR readings using a Seneye PAR meter. I did the readings with all channels at 60 %, then all channels at 65% and finally all channels at 70%. I didn't go any higher but I can if someone needs them. Please keep in mind that these values are somewhat difficult to record as...
  5. goma

Cookie Monster of the Sea

Wish I had this in my tank! http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/cookie-monster-of-the-sea-photographed-off-curacao/
  6. goma

The good news and bad news, please read

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/suggestion-box/87674-good-news-bad-news.html
  7. goma

A few good fish

Seems many of my fish like to hide in the rocks and don't show themselves much at all. What are some good fish that are peaceful, get along well with others, appropriately sized for the RSM 250 and also spend most of their time out swimming in the open water out front?
  8. goma

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt order

I ordered the 175 gallon bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro Salt from Dr Fosters and Smith. My delivery arrived today and this is what I found on my doorstep. I have no idea what is in this bucket. There is not a single marking anywhere on the bucket, nothing at all. I called them and they are...
  9. goma

Steve's LEDs

Just pulled the trigger and bought Steve's LED upgrade kit for my RSM250! Very excited!! After reading Acanman's issues with the total DIY kit from Steve's LEDs, I purchased the 95% completed system along with the Typhoon LED controller! I'll post some pics of the install when I get it.
  10. goma

What salt?

After almost 2.5 years of having my RSM250 up and running, I am finally purchasing an RO/DI system and will be making my own salt water. For the last 2.5 years I have been lugging RO/DO water and saltwater from my LFS and am finally tired of it. Only took me 2.5 years to figure out what a pain...
  11. goma

Top of the tank?

What do you guys have near the very top of your RSM 250 that is doing well? I'm talking like 9 inches from the lights. Everything I put up there seems grow just fine, but loses quite a bit of color. Just looking for some high up, nice looking coral ideas! Thanks
  12. goma

Clams in RSM 250?

Has anyone had success with clams in their RSM250? My lighting is: 1 39W Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent 4 39W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent 1 39W Purple Plus T5 HO Fluorescent Any thoughts?
  13. goma

RSM250 light recomendation from reefgeeks

Below is my email to ReefGeeks asking about lighting and their response. Posting this to provide information for others who may be considering changing out the stock light. My email to them: I have a Red Sea Max 250, 65 gallons that has 6-39 watt T-5 lights. I am currently running the...
  14. goma

My Vortech Woes...

I purchased my first MP-10 about 3 weeks ago online. It arrived, set it up and the power supply was dead. Called the company and sent it back for a refund. A day later drove 30 miles south of here and bought another MP-10. Drove home, set it up and it worked great!! Decided I needed...
  15. goma

Cyano and how to get rid of it...

I have a slight cyano problem and in my search to eradicate it I found this post on Reef Central posted by Sk8r who is one of the mods there. I am going to try this and see how it works. I thought it might be useful to members here: Cyano: everybody gets it: how to get rid of it safely...
  16. goma

Saltwater mixing station

So I'm sick and tired of lugging saltwater from my LFS so I've decided to buy an RO/DI system and setup a saltwater mixing station. The barrels will be 32 gallon Brute cans from Home Depot (I'm told these are safe). The top one will hold my RO/DI water and by opening the one valve, the RO/DI...
  17. goma

Two MP10s

So a few weeks ago I purchased an MP10WES for my RSM250. I had it running in Reefcrest random mode and loved the flow in the tank. I think one of the biggest advantages was that it allowed me to point both of my return nozzles up to get some good surface agitation and still maintain nice water...
  18. goma

Salt creep and slight leak...

I'm getting some salt creep on the front right outside of my RSM250 (see circled area in photo). I am assuming the plastic has slightly separated from the glass. Can I seal this from the inside of the tank? What should I use? PS - that's not my tank, that is the photo from the Red Sea site.
  19. goma

Super Glue Gel, putty or something else?

What does everyone use for gluing frags or corals to rock work? I know super glue gel works well, but is anyone using any of the putty's that are available? If so, which one and how well does it word? The reason I'm asking is I have used Instant Ocean Holdfast and it really hasn't worked well.
  20. goma

MP10 in RSM 250

I'm thinking of adding an MP10 to my RSM250, who else is running one? How's it working? Where do you have it positioned?