Search results

1. T

Anemone Lighting

I'm thinking of an anemone for my 34g tank that is nearly a year old but lit with 3 x Aquaray LEDs (that provide enough light for all my corals including a frogspawn). I keep reading that they need strong lighting, yet in the wild I have rarely seen them above 60 feet and often down at nearly...
  2. T

Sorry, another Whitespot thread

I nipped into my LFS today to get a bit of coral and a couple of cardinals I'd seen earlier in the week. In one tank we noticed a regal tang with a bad case of whitespot (I know they are prone to this) and looking pretty unhealthy but was sharing it's tank with other healthy fish, we then...
  3. T

LEDs or Chiller to Cure Overheating?

I thought I had cured my overheating issue but today discovered one of my 55w T5s was not working, I had a fiddle and fixed it but immediately the temperature when through the roof. I don't really want to add a chiller and was considering replacing the stock lights with 2 strips of Aquaray...
  4. T

Micro bubbles sticking to fish

Hi, I had a blue tang that appears to be covered in micro bubbles, this coincided with an outbreak of micro bubbles in the tank so I dont think it is white spot, but there is a niggle in the back of my mind - is this common or should I worry.
  5. T

Big Water Change

Hi, I've had a problem with my salt and now have some very cloudy water, I've got a new tub of salt and want to do a fairly big water change, whats the most I can do at once? I'm sure I've heard of 50% not being a problem. Ever since the water went cloudy my leather toadstools have not been...
  6. T

ReadSea salt not disolving properly

Hi, I'm using RedSea coral pro and it's been fine for ages and I have had crystal clear water until this weekend, I did a water change on Friday and noticed the tank was cloudy and did not settle down, so this morning I had a good filter and pump clean then mixed up a fresh bucket of water which...
  7. T

My RedSea 130D

Hi, I thought it was time I posted something positive for once, so here is my 130d at nearly 4 weeks, it was looking better but had to pull it apart on Friday to get out a shy angel fish with white spot - apart from some poor advice and ill stock from my LFS I think I've had a fairly easy time...
  8. T

Possible White Spot

I have an angel fish that I have had for a week and today I have noticed a tiny white spots on one side and it looks like it has them on the pectoral fins but we think these may just be markings. Before I rip my tank apart to try and get it out (very shy fish) is there advice anyone could give?
  9. T

Frustrated with 9002

I put one of these things in my 130d mainly to quieten the tank down a bit, after 3 days it just started to produce a tiny bit of crap with much tweeking, however it seems incredibly temperamental and after a water change it's gone back to square one and it looks like I will have to wait another...
  10. T

Which filters in RSM 130d?

I have a newish 130d that I am slowly getting the hang of and have just put in a media rack and Tunze skimmer, question is what filters do I need, I think I may have too much in mine as I have the following: JBL Silicate and Phosphate in socks (I had a brown algae problem and would like to...
  11. T

Quick question re In-Tank Tunze Cup

Hi, I'm just installing a 9002 skimmer attached to the media basket with the upgraded cup - however the cup does not sit very well on the skimmer as the acrylic tube seems to be a little too long, about 6mm - do I just balance the cup on the skimmer or do I take a bit off the tube? Thanks.
  12. T

Coral that came with live rock.

Hi again, here are two images of a coral skeleton which was part of the box of live rock I bought, I have no idea what it is - during the day there is nothing much to look at, just something similar in size and shape to a golf ball, however when the lights go out it seems to come alive. Any...
  13. T

Any ideas to what these are?

Hi, I'm in the early stages with my tank and have a few things going on, though these two below are the most significant, can anyone shed any light on what they are? Cheers Thomas A lilac blob on some live rock I got last week Something very similar to an earlier post
  14. T

130d Overheating

Hi, I'm new so be gentle. I have a new RSM 130D that has been up and running for a week and is getting very warm during the day - over 28ºc (82.5ºf), the room temp is 24º (75ºf) - I've turned the heater off and installed the extra cooling fan and I have the front of the lid open. Does...