Search results

1. IowaBoy

having trouble feeding clownfish (picky fish)

so when i first got my clown i fed it thawed brine shrimp, loved it...to cut down on budged and ammonia (extras for scavengers) i bought some flake food and well he just nips at it and barely eats it. any thing else i could try?
  2. IowaBoy

OT any fps pc gaming fans?

title says it all:)
  3. IowaBoy

molting?

got home today and looked my tank and i saw my peppermint shrimp on top of a rock...though with no color. is it molting or.....
  4. IowaBoy

question on clownfish

today i only bought one clownfish....because they are territorial how much time do i have until i can not get a 2nd one?
  5. IowaBoy

peppermint shirmp question...

Just got my first shrimp but I am unsure of the accumulation time. How long should I have him in the bag? I am adding some water about ever 10-15 min...been doing it for about 30 min now.
  6. IowaBoy

algae on splash lens

For some reason algae likes to grow on my splash lens...not the bad type but the good type...is it ok to add the algae to my aquarium and leave it grow?
  7. IowaBoy

question on spirorbidae

I got tons of these little guys all over my tank and well when i clean the filter tubing and skimmer it is hard to get them off...should i leave them on or take them off?
  8. IowaBoy

getting new light, question is what one to get

tank information: 20 gallon, 24 inch. Currently under a 20 watt single strip fluorescent bulb. here are some that i have been looking at, because the shop i am buying from buys from this supplier i could prob. special order. Compact Fluorescent Aquarium Lighting: Single Satellite Compact...
  9. IowaBoy

how to change water with out getting salinity?

this always happens to me...I change 5 gallons out of 20 gallons about every month, and well every time the salinity goes sky high. i do not use a power head in the premix bucket so some salt may be getting mixed once it runs through the skimmer. i do stir it though.
  10. IowaBoy

can a snail get sick from eating bristle worms?

title says it all, i am starting to take some of the worms and kill them, instead of flushing them out it be safe to let the snails take care of them?
  11. IowaBoy

stocking a 20 gallon?

alright, here is the basics of my little 20 gallon (first timer to) nano: 8ib. sand 20 watt light strip 8 pounds Fiji love rock 1 Turbo snail 2 nassarius snails 1 aspsta (i know i know not supposed to have them, but this one is not even mult. after a month, and besides it...
  12. IowaBoy

bristle worm ID

well today when i got home from school these little guys were waiting for me right by the glass. i am really concerned about the one below, he does not look like a bristle worm.
  13. IowaBoy

Hello from Ottumwa, Iowa

Not really good at intros so to make it a little simpler.... Name: Trenton Harland Age: 15 Tanks set up: 55 gallon freshwater community tank (set up about 2-3 years) and a marine tank; newer set up, but running.