Search results

1. reefman78

6 month update.... w/ PICS!!!

Just wanted to share some updated pics of my 55. Its been running about 6 months now. At the moment im battling flatworms, but dosed FWE last week and will do a follow up next week, as my skimmer pump broke down this week haha...always something. Total of about 30 frags some starting to get...
  2. reefman78

2nd Jawfish jumps......ugh!!

Well as the title says, my second jawfish lasted about a month and a half. Sad part is, I built the jump proof top and he must have had a perfect launch because I'm guessing he went right through the mesh as he was under the stand....bummer. Im really bummed to because he was neat to just watch...
  3. reefman78

T5 4bulb lighting combo

Need suggestions, I have a 48in Aquaticlife T5 fixture w/ 4 bulbs. Ive only had it 3 months and everythings doing good, but I want to replace the bulbs. I currently have mainly soft corals,some lps (mainly chalice),and two easy sps. I would like to possibly get more sps but will wait and see how...
  4. reefman78

cycle question

hey all some of you know ive got my 55 up and going. one quick question. I know when you add bio load, your system has to adjust to the new load. How long would you wait in between adding things. Im guessing theres really no set answer as every system is different, but just a round a bout will...
  5. reefman78

The dreaded Bryopsis

Well my tanks only been setup a few months with hardly any livestock. 1 carpenters wrasse, 1 zoa rock(small),1 daisy polyp rock(small). All of these have only been in the tank about 3 weeks now. Im hardly feeding anything so i dont know where the extra nutrients are coming from. My tank is a 55...
  6. reefman78

2 questions..1 id needed(pics included)

hi all im posting this for a friend. his 20g.tank has been running for about a year converted from fowlr,to full reef. He purchased a clam s week ago, and its one vent(incoming) i think is really open wide? is this normal? hes running T5 light system. And its not the greatest pic but were...
  7. reefman78

Pearly Jawfish

I added my first fish to my tank yesterday an awesome pearly jawfish. He started building a home within about 40 min. However when i went to bed hes left the home he built and is now building in the back of the tank,,,,ugh!!! I think its best if i just leave him alone and let him do his thing...
  8. reefman78

ReeferLabs.com

Has anyone used this company before? If so any good or bad experiences? Thanks all
  9. reefman78

Bulb Combination??

Hello all Im expecting my aquactinics tx5 system this week. Im looking to get some ideas on bulb combos. I dont want it to be to blue but not to white either. Its a 5 bulb system going on a 55 gal. Any help would be great thanks. Im planning on buying ati bulbs just dont know what color...
  10. reefman78

My 55

Well its not much to look at yet as its just got done cycyling and im awaiting my light. Went with the Aquactinics TX5 5 bulb T5 system. Will be posing more as i add more. The light in the picture is just for light on the tank, not actually using this light. Hopefully these pics show up lol
  11. reefman78

Current Nova Extreme Pro

Hello Im thinking about purchasing this light for my 55 however i have an eshopps psk 100 skimmer which is a hob model, and im wondering if the light fixture will clear this skimmer. Anyone know how much clearance is between the actual light and the tank. Thanks in advance
  12. reefman78

R/O Unit

Need some help here looking to buy an R/O unit and hoping to stay under $200. Any suggestions? what are the best ro units out there? Thanks in advance
  13. reefman78

clownfish problem

Im posting this for a friend looking for some suggestions. He has had a 20g fish only tank for the last 3 years, and recently got some live rock. There is a pair of clowns which are rather large. Female is probably 4in. and male is 3in. with one firefish. The female clown is super aggresive to...
  14. reefman78

Need suggestions on fish list for 55

Well after almost 5 weeks my tank has cycled. Im trying to come up with a list of fish to stock. I plan on having 5-6 fish max as this will mainly be a reef tank. So far Ive come up with 2 clownfish not sure what type yet and possibly a helfrickis firefish...possibly a diamond goby however ive...
  15. reefman78

Catalina Lighting

With recomendations of this product from a few ppl on here I'm pretty sure this is going to be the light i put on my 55g reef which is in the second week of cycling now. However I dont see that this fixture comes with a fan. Will I need to add one with the heat sync that puts heat out the top of...
  16. reefman78

Best H.O.B Skimmer?

In your opinion what is the best hang on back skimmer for a 55 gallon reef out there or ones that are atleast good. .Thanks
  17. reefman78

Too much flow?

In a reef tank is there such a thing as too much flow. As of now my live rock is cycling and thats all thats in the tank. Its a 55g., and I have 1 Koralia4 and 2 koralia 3's running. Is this too much? Kinda seems like a riptide in the tank lol
  18. reefman78

White film on new live rock

Just got some uncured rock last thursday and noticed yesterday a white film over some spots on the rock. Im figuring this is just normal die off but if anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it. Thanks
  19. reefman78

Cuc??

I looked high and low and couldnt find out what this meant..sorry for the dumb question? What is CUC?
  20. reefman78

aquaticlife or current nova

lighting help Getting back into the hobby setting up a 55g reef and buying a new light. Ive used power compact in the past but am going with T5 this time around. In your experience which is a better lighting system. Current Nova or AquaticLife ....they both are offering 4x54 watt bulbs...