Search results

1. G

grass? ID plss..

I don't think it's Neomeris sp. I'd rather vote for some kind of Asparagopsis sp. Maybe one like this Asparagopsis sp.
  2. G

bristle worms

I threw out a bristleworm that was about 6" stretched out as I think that at that size they might turn active predators if there isn't enough food for them but all bristleworms shorter than that I leave in the tank.
  3. G

DIY Target feeder :)

I don't know why but I just had to build this beauty :) With this I can targte feed 2.5 dl liquid food per minut. Things that I still need to fix is: attach a button where the silicone tubing meets the acryl tube to start the pump with. find some old telephone wire (2 wire copper...
  4. G

Little lighting question

Ok, thanks for the info. I've been looking for someone around here that sells Red Sea original bulbs but haven't found anyone yet. I'll keep looking a little more. But I might try out one 20.000k/Actinic while searching for the original bulb. Would that give me a more white or a more blue light...
  5. G

What should my next fish be??

It is a lot yellower than the Midas. With a green spot on it's head when it's "exited" and hunting. It stays in the water column and even sleeps "glued" to the front window of the aquarium. It's always moving as long as the lights are on and when the lights goes of it's in bed within 5 minutes.
  6. G

I don't know if I have posted it before but here is a pic of my Cannary Blenny.
  7. G

I have a cannary and it has never been close to bite me and I have my hands in the aquarium quite often. It's never hunting any of my other fishes or nipping corals. I've heard it can be picky eater and I imagine it eats quite large amounts of pods but mine also takes frozen food. I think the...
  8. G

Might bully smaller fish ...
  9. G

Little lighting question

I think it's time for me to change the bulbs in my RSM130 but I don't know anything about the color temperatures and I hope someone here would enlighten me :) I have found the following bulbs in store: 10.000K white 10.000K white + blue (actinic I guess but the store wrote blue) 20.000K...
  10. G

Kallymenia reniformis question

Thanks, I've now taken a little larger leaf and tied it do a small piece of rock. Will let it bee for 4 weeks in the refugium to see if it attaches to the stone.
  11. G

Fed up about to quit :(

I had a lot of green hair algeas a while ago. I still have some but all together it's now less than a squar inch in my aquarium. I tried everything in order to get rid of it but I just got more and more untill I changed my watersource. I think the main problem in my tank was that I was feeding...
  12. G

I would love a Midas Blenny in my tank but think it might end bad together with the Cannary Blenny. If only the LFS hadn't sold the Cannary Blenny to me as a Midas when I was new to the hobby.
  13. G

how many fish do you keep?

2 x Amphiprion Ocellaris 1 x Meiacanthus oualanensis 1 x Salarias fasciatus 1 x Pseudocheillinus hexataenia 1 x Chromis viridis The Chromis I didn't plan on buying but as it was all alone in a tank at LFS I took it with me home and I'm planning on getting 3 more once LFS stocks up with...
  14. G

I have a Canary Blenny and it's really fun to watch it hunting (which it does almost all the time). It's a real acrobat in the water. But you should know also that it's venomous. It should never bite a hand and even if it did one would probably not die from it but just to know that there is a...
  15. G

Galdrins RSM130

A new full tank shot now when my overflow/refugium is in place and I have managed to move some of the live rock dowstairs in order to get more space into my RSM130.
  16. G

Bubble Algae attached to coral

I've only had one bubble ever and it disapered by it self but I think the most common answer to your questions would be: 1. It will not harm the coral but it will continue to spread in the tank as long as it's basic needs are fullfilled. Light and nutrients. 2. Most soft corals are quite...
  17. G

Galdrins RSM130

Two other pictures: I use a 450 litres/hour pump with it and the water flows through the media from bottom to top.
  18. G

Galdrins RSM130

No bags. It's easy to remove one media at time by pulling the assembly up just enough to make the switch. But I will need to remove the media rack from the refugium when ever I need to change anything in it, but it's easilly done.
  19. G

Galdrins RSM130

As it's not exactly an RSM mod I'll post it here in my tank thread instead. This is my new "media rack" that I intend to keep in the refugium under my RSM130. it's just under 1' high and about 1/3' wide with 3 chambers for phosphate remover, carbon and a physical filter for removing small...
  20. G

Kallymenia reniformis question

Hi, I have some Kallymenia reniformis in my RSM130 and It's growing alot. Even if it's a good looking macro (the read thing in the pic) it's now threatening to block the light for some Ricordeas and other softies so I need to remove some of it. Friends have asked for a piece of it but I can't...