Search results

1. proenca

Corallife 65w bulbs ? Or original RSM 130 bulbs ? where to buy online ?

Hi there, I'm having some trouble finding bulbs for my RSM130 either the new 130D bulbs or the coralife 65w bulbs... where to buy online ? European or UK store ?
  2. proenca

DELTEC MC500/600 - who has it on RSM130 ?

Hi there, I'm not that happy with my Tunze 9002 : while seems a good skimmer, since the water level is not exactly 100% stable in the back ( water changes, sometimes the Chemipure clogs a bit ) ... and then its a pain in the arse to fiddle with the Tunze to get the skimmate right again...
  3. proenca

who has done a HQI upgrade ?

Hi there folks, Tinkering with taking out the RSM130D hood off and .. well install a MH HQi light system... Found a great contact that gets me a 1 x 250w 14.000k + 2 x 24w actinicts T5 for a song.. and brand new. My gripes are : - wont the skimmer would be loud, since there are no...
  4. proenca

Free Pulsing White Xenia - Europe

Hi there, Hi have some very hardy white pulsing xenia, quite beautifull that REALLY have overgrown. One stalk free per person - I'm in Portugal - to European reefers. You just have to pay postage and its yours. More than one stalk - 5 euro per stalk. Find cheaper than that ! I'm...
  5. proenca

Best Apistasia War Ever !!!

Hi there, I was panicking with Apistasia : due to my heavy feeding, I had two big apistasias that were multiplying. Then, with my severe tank temperature swings ( socket failure on my chiller that let temperature boost up to 31c , and followed by lovely RSM heater breaking down and...
  6. proenca

I understand the pain now of the RSM heaters...

I trully do. Thankfully, I have a "loaner" flatmate : friend of mine, who also is a reefer and is living in our apartment for a couple of months due to work in another city but have to be in Lisbon for a few months. So couple of days ago, he phoned me really scared because he arrived home...
  7. proenca

Photography - Post Processing and the importance of

Hi there folks, See many people asking what camera you have, etc etc. Cameras have an importance on photography but there is a common wrong assumption : that cameras make the photography. Cameras make 5 or 10% of the photography. The guy that clicks the shutter makes 60 or 70% of the initial...
  8. proenca

how do you clean the corners ?

yadadad, the RSM 130 is a beautifull tank with rounded corners, has no sharp angles, great. how the heck you guys clean it off algae ?
  9. proenca

Salifert Coral Food ? Opinions ?

I've trying to get hold of some phytoplancton food, roti feast or similar to feed corals. Today at my LFS they said they received this, I bought a small bottle . Anyone used it ? Comments ? Called SALIFERT CORAL FOOD
  10. proenca

Vortech placed in the "wrong" side possible? ie, near the RSM powerheads?

Hi there, Considering buying a Vortech or even actually installing one of the old Tunze Turbelles ( which are the same - bit more powerfull actually - but have a digital computer to control it, motor outside like the vortech.. just tad bigger ) but where everyone installs the VTECH's on the...
  11. proenca

Safe to add fish ? Whats your normal NO3 level ?

Hi there, Problably adding my first couple of fish tomorrow : Percula , a pair. So far my parameters are execellent : Amonia : 0 - zip - nada NH3 : 0 NH4 : 0 No2/Nitrites : 0 No3/Nitrate : 15-20 ppm Calcium : 500 ppm Salinity : 1.024/1.025 So all seems good and great. Nervous...
  12. proenca

first problem with my 130D - pumps cavitating

ok got my first problem with my 130D my second pump is cavitating and I cant see how to fix it. let me explain it : water level is high ( inside tank is covering the plate where the hinges rest ) - should it be higher ? tanks is almost against a wall on the left side, cant see the...
  13. proenca

hate LFS. REALLY

I really hate my LFS. Its humongus. Today I went there because I want to buy some epoxy to properly fix some corals. I ended up going out the door with the epoxy and 160.00 in corals. GRRRRRR.
  14. proenca

replacing a rsm circn pump w/a wave making will make backchamber water lvl go nuts?

Ok heres the idea : I like the fact of NOT having nothing protuding in the tank ( powerheads, etc etc ). Im also aware that the two pumps that come with the RSM can and should be upgraded in terms of flow. Now I plan to replace ONE of them with a Tunze 7420.. its shaped as a "standard...
  15. proenca

When to add Chemi Pure Elite ?

Hi folks, Just used carbon and other DI on a very light basis on my previous tanks. I bought now a thing of Chemi Pure Elite and want to try it but as most of you know it, the tank is rather new - 3 weekish old or something like that. Well my values are stabilizing - amonia reads 0, no2...
  16. proenca

RSM130D stock lights ok for a BTA ?

Hi there, Im the future, well at least 6 or 8 months I would like to ponder to introduce a Entaqmea Quadricolor Anemone ( bubble tip ) in my 130D... Does anyone keep one ( and they are by far one of the easiest anemones ) in their 130D? With stock lights ? If so, for how long ? I...
  17. proenca

inTank products review

Hi there, Since I started my tank , I got few private messages from fellow RSM members asking about the inTank products. Since I bought the two available for the RSM, I think I can make an unbiased review for them. So lets start, I bought the Tunze inTank cup and the inTank media slot...
  18. proenca

live rock & sand : what goes in first ?

Hi there, Something new to me : Live Sand. I never used it before.. so long story cut short, the LFS opened a 20kg bag of aragonite and dumped it on their refugium for a week - making my sand live ( their refugium is full of critters. But my tank is full with water already ( empty ) and...
  19. proenca

Which pump for RSM130+Hailea 150A ?

Hi there, Which pump and flowrate is recommended for feeding a Hailea 150A chiller on a RSM130D ?
  20. proenca

RSM European owners : would you trade frags ?

Hi there, Just wondering.. well if fellow americans do it, why we , Europeans can't do it as well ? Heck, the US is bigger than Europe. I'm from Portugal for example, will someone sell or trade frags to me ? If not, please specify reason ( ie afraid of too much time in transit, coral die off...