Search results

1. TheSilverSurfer

Fraser's Seabray Adventure

Hello, my name is Fraser, and I have created this thread so as to catalogue this Seabray Adventure. Not being satisfied with 'smaller' I decided to take the plunge and upgrade from my Red Sea Max 130D to a brand spanking new 48 x 18 x 24 Seabray! I would have preferred a deeper tank, but...
  2. TheSilverSurfer

Red Sea Max 130d For Sale In London

Hello, I am selling my Silver Red Sea Max 130d after upgrading to a 4 foot tank and am based in Lewisham, SE London. The tank is just under 10 months old. I have replaced the noisy stock skimmer with a Tunze 9002 nano skimmer and added a SteveT Media Basket and an upgraded Skimmer Collection...
  3. TheSilverSurfer

How hot is too hot?

Decided I would start a small thread in regards to water temperature. I haven't got a chiller, (as of yet), but I am thinking about getting one for the upcoming UK summer months .. however, in the meantime, I have been reading up on temperature and wanted to get some opinions about 'how hot...
  4. TheSilverSurfer

What generator / wattage for your R.S.M. tank?

I thought I would set this thread up and find out if anyone has measured the total wattage that a stock tank takes in order to buy a generator from eBay as a backup for my tank. Spending so much money on a tank like and then losing everything to a power cut would be awful. I have the...
  5. TheSilverSurfer

How many fish in an RSM 130?

Decided on starting this post to see what peoples thoughts are on how many fish can be kept in a RSM 130 reef tank. I have read that some people say 2 - 3 fish maximum, where other people get away with up to 10 fish and still have 0 levels!! Surely as long as levels are kept at the very...
  6. TheSilverSurfer

TheSilverSurfer's RSM 130D

So after starting an initial thread, I decided to set up another one with a proper name, I mean how long can I be called "Another Newbie'. This thread will list my journey from day 1 outlining all that I learn, which hopefully will provide a good source of info in the future for others who...
  7. TheSilverSurfer

Another Newbie with 130D Tank

I have just to decided to brave the move from Tropical to Marine and have purchased myself a RSM 130D. I have set the tank up added the RO water, salt, substrate and also added cured live rock from a fellow 'mariner'. I am, however, a little confused about the next steps ... As the tank is...