Search results

1. nightfire76

new engineer goby scratching...why?

hey guys i recently added 2 engineers to my display and now they and my 2 clowns of over 2 years are in there, thing is one of the gobies is scratching on the sand but it isnt constant but it is a few times a day....the other goby doesnt do it as much as he does and i havent seen the clowns do...
  2. nightfire76

engineer goby mistake?

hey guys i just got me 2 engineer gobies recently and they are in my 55 now......when i bought them i confused their max size with other gobies in my head and only started seeing their max size and such only after i put them into my 55 and now am worried that not only with it get to a foot or...
  3. nightfire76

back after so long and new question

hey guys its been a while since i been on here...in that time i had to take down my tank to install carpet, had to leave my fish with a friend for an emergency vist out of state and one of them died durring that time and about 300 dollars in corals too.....well...my question is whats your...
  4. nightfire76

anyone got loc-line?

so does anyone have any loc-line to get rid of? im looking for 3/4 loc line....if you have any...let me know here or via message
  5. nightfire76

WTB koralias

so guys im looking for possible deals on the older koralias the nanos the 1s and or the 2s....if ya have any of these please let me know...thanks
  6. nightfire76

tank flow question guys

so right now i have a koralia 4 (1200 gph) and a koralia 3 (850) for a total of 2050 gph which is great for a 55 gallon though my thing is that is seems way too consitrated and a few of my corals are closing up some if not opening at all like some of my zoas....i've moved some here and there and...
  7. nightfire76

help with this new epoxy putty please

just got back from walmart and saw they now carry epoxy so i thought i'd buy it and let ya guys tell me bout it.....anyways its the cheapest i've seen even over lowes prices and here is a pic of it....it says water proof on the front as ya can see and on the back it says can be used on fish...
  8. nightfire76

tank stand build question

so guys i am bout done with my new tank stand and thought of something....in completely inclosed and wondering about too much heat.....first as far as why its inclosed is cause the tank is in my the wifes and i's bedroom and i'd like to keep a reverse light cycled in the sump.....as far as air...
  9. nightfire76

rock dried....now what?

so guys im almost done with my new stand and will be putting the exsisting tank with all the live stock onto it and i have cleaned and let dry about 60ish lbs of old nitrate and phopate filled rock to be added into the tank after its moved.......do you guys think using safty ties on the rock to...
  10. nightfire76

strange 7 armed star question

so guys i find on my glass a starfish bout 1 inch...he is like ya normal snowflake type stars and is white like them but this one has 7 legs....any imfo ya guys can give me on it? thanks
  11. nightfire76

my first zoas

so guys this is actually my first "zoas" so i saw them at the store.....41 heads for 15 bucks....not bad...thing is they looked pink and in my tank they are orange ish.....maybe a deep blueish bulb would help? anyways i think they look kinda nice ps sorry bout the crappy pic...have no camra...
  12. nightfire76

red bubble

so guys i've just noticed one red bubble......looks like regular bubble algae but red....have you guys seen this before?
  13. nightfire76

my stock limit question

so guys here is what i have in my 55g which will soon have a 29g tank as a sump/fuge....bout 10 of it will be the fuge area and i have a coralife super skimmer 220 which at some point i will upgrade to say maybe the ooctopus 4 which i think is rated for 100g or a bit more....anyways i have right...
  14. nightfire76

calling all Damselfish experts

so guys do any of ya know any more peaceful Damselfish like the ones i have pictured, mind you have have only a 55gallon tank with 2 clowns 1 royal gramma and a firefish in QT as we speak.....bout say 100ish lbs LR.....and the royal gramma already shows her mouth off at times to the smaller...
  15. nightfire76

covering my HOB overflow question

hey i just thought of trying to cover my overflow box with some live rock or maybe even some fake rock which both would get covered by coraline easily.....anyway to hide it and work it into my rock work so what would work best to attach rock to the acrylic box?
  16. nightfire76

algae turf scrubber question

so guys i know i can read up on it more on the thread talking about it, but honestly that thread is getting very long in the tooth to say the least lol anyways my question for now is can i get away with just using one light for the screen and which turf scrubber has been very successful if there...
  17. nightfire76

what can i use my coralife skimmer for?

hey guys so i have the coralife super skimmer 220 on my tank right now and i also have the 65 which i cant seem to sell for anything but i'd love to lol anyways is there anything else i could use it for like a media reactor or something? any ideas? thanks guys
  18. nightfire76

two little fishes phosban reactor 150

do any of ya have by chance a replacement top for it...the one with the thumb screws?
  19. nightfire76

czeslaw93 check you PMs

thanks man
  20. nightfire76

new stuff added for sale

really could use the money guys so any offers welcomed marineland emporer 400 bio wheel - $ 40 OBO coralife super skimmer 65 - $65 OBO and im looking to see interests in my coralife super skimmer 220 - $ 150 OBO send me messages...thanks