Search results

1. QuentinB

OT: Our Escape from the Midwest!

Hey everyone! This is definitely long overdue, we took the trip in August! Anyway, some background: Me and my wife Shell(ShellB on here) needed a bit of a vacation, but we weren't entirely sure where to go! Lucky for us, I had been emailing Dave and Tracy(Uslanja), and they offered to show us...
  2. QuentinB

OT: Random Internet Thread!

Hey all! I've been thinking of doing this for a while now, so hopefully it'll take off! I don't think there's another thread hiding like this, and if there is, maybe it's time for a new one anyway. There's a whole lot of internet out there, so let's bring the best of it to here! If it's funny...
  3. QuentinB

OT: Who is ready for SUMMER?!?!

I dunno about you guys, but I'm getting sick of this winter stuff! Sitting in class today, all I could think about was being able to go outside and feel WARM! I've had it with this -20 windchill crap... I'm thinking 80, sunny, light breeze... I'd better stop before I get my hopes up! So...
  4. QuentinB

Stealth Pro Recall?

Okay, so not a true recall, but I just received an email from Foster and Smith saying that Marineland has stopped the sales of their 100-300w models. F&S(not Marineland) suggests unplugging immediately and removing from the tank. F&S also says that they will exchange/refund my previous purchase...
  5. QuentinB

Test Kits! Please Share!

Hey all! I've been thinking of doing this for a while now. It seems that many people, including myself, find themselves wondering what tests they need and what brands work well. So, I'd like to do a little experiment, with participation from you guys. First: What do you test for? Second...
  6. QuentinB

Reef setup in NW Minnesota

Hey all, I came across a deal on craigslist, and I have neither the space nor money for it. I figured I'd pass it along though. For $500(possibly OBO?) 120 gallon, 2x250w MH, 4x85w PC, LED nite-lites, filter, heaters, powerhead, and protein skimmer. Brands and models unspecified. Wood Stand...
  7. QuentinB

Q's Freshwater 75

Alrighty, I figured its about time to share a few pics of my freshies :) There are a couple air lines out of place, I need a weekend and some suction cups, but otherwise I think my tank's in pretty good shape at the moment. The four rosy reds are should-have-been food, and a buddy of mine...
  8. QuentinB

Should I, Shouldn't I? Coral help...

Alright, so there's a guy in my area tearing down his 72, with an ad out for mushrooms, rics, and a cabbage leather(plus some others, but these are what caught my eye :goofy: ). My tank has only been running a little less than a month and a half, but I don't want to pass up a good chance if I...
  9. QuentinB

Clownfish Diagnosis and treatment help, please?

Alright, I've had my clownfish a couple weeks now, and a couple days after I got him, I noticed some bumps on his left middle stripe. Since then, it has gotten progressively worse, even after five days of melafix marine, suggested by my LFS. I quit dosing because I began seeing an adverse effect...
  10. QuentinB

Quentin and Shell's JBJ 28

Hey all, I've had this guy set up for a couple weeks now, but I've been pretty busy, so I'll try to get up to speed here. For my birthday, my wife said I could finally turn our 20g into a SW tank. After checking some prices out, taking some advice, and looking at the situation, we realized it...
  11. QuentinB

About Time!

Alright, my wife decided that for my birthday, I'd get to get my 20 gallon going! My birthday isn't for a couple weeks yet, but once it all gets going I'll get a chronicle going. But before I get too far, I figured I'd run through my setup/plan before I start ordering. Tank: 20 gallon...
  12. QuentinB

Behaviour Question?

Alright guys, you might remember my last thread(green water), and I thank you for all your help, taken care of and doing great! Since then, I've re-scaped the tank, in order to make it both more visually appealing, and make room for some live plants(hopefully someday I'll phase out my fake...
  13. QuentinB

Freshwater Algae troubles.

Title says it, I got myself some algae. Not actual strands or patches, just green water. looks like I tried making 75 gallons of kool-aid. I thought I fixed it a couple weeks ago, with some tetra algae control stuff, but it came back, and after a week, two doses, and no lights, its still there...
  14. QuentinB

Eclipse Systems

Hey, its about time for bed for me, so this might be a short post to start out with, but what's the general thoughts on the eclipse system hoods? If anyone saw my first thread, I really like my 20 gallon X-Tall. The Eclipse system 1 should fit my tank, from what I see, but how well do they work...
  15. QuentinB

20 X-Tall future setup help

So i have a 20g, X-tall, currently freshwater. Seeing as how I already have another freshwater setup, I think I'd like to go saltwater. I've debated just getting a bio-cube or some other small kit-style setup, but I really think that'll be no fun. So here's what I'm thinking: Drill my 20...
  16. QuentinB

Hey Everyone

Hey guys, I just signed up after wandering around on here a week or two. I don't have a saltwater aquarium set up yet, and I don't know when I will, me and my wife(just married on July 4th) moved up to Grand Forks, ND for college, and we set up two freshwater aquariums in our little apartment up...