Search results

1. QuentinB

Quentin and Shell's JBJ 28

Well, a year later, I feel like I should give some closure to this chronicle. I feel bad for leaving everyone hanging. It has been a pretty stressful year for Shell and I. School and work really wore us down, and sadly updating this thread didn't make it very far on our priority list. Even...
  2. QuentinB

Is Chuck in danger?

Thanks Sas! I'll let you know how it goes... I'm sure he'll be fine though!
  3. QuentinB

Hey guys! Lots of summer plans, sadly! It's going to be a busy one... It'd be tough trying to find time to head your way, but we'll see what happens! So about the tank... We're nuking it. Mostly nuking anyway. The only living things in there are our pistol shrimp(fiskeboller) and our leather...
  4. QuentinB

Hmm, you mean the whole setup? Not sure I'm reading your post right, but it's a JBJ(brand) Nano-cube 28(Gallon). It's a fairly popular all-in-one tank, and though I haven't seen a ton of them actually in stores, they are fairly easy to find. I got ours from Drs. Foster and Smith, a pretty well...
  5. QuentinB

The 20

Look at that, I focus on school for a few months and you go and get a new tank?!?! Looks like fun!
  6. QuentinB

That's twelve thousand, dear... :D It was massive, BTW. Very pretty, as well!
  7. QuentinB

OT: Our Escape from the Midwest!

You know Al, Bailey's exhibits a strange phenomenon when left out among friends... :D I will work diligently to get to the bottom of it, and check back in!
  8. QuentinB

Thanks, dmatt! I was actually thinking of going that direction... otherwise, we've got some friends out west as well, maybe we should give them a visit... Juan, good to see you here! Thanks! Funny enough, I have a friend who's folks are in Honduras, maybe a road trip down your way is in store...
  9. QuentinB

And the saddening, but necessary, trip home. It was actually a decent drive, though we got lost in Buffalo trying to find Dave!!! I still feel bad about that, next time we're out there, you're going to have to show me where you went. Leaving Buffalo, we stayed on I-90 the whole way home(my...
  10. QuentinB

I forgot to say it above, but the day we did the jet boat tour, we also crossed over to Buffalo, NY! We had quite a time over there, including a stop by the MIGHTY TACO!!! I'm serious, give me a Tim Horton's and a Mighty Taco up here, and I would be set. After our most excellent meal, we stopped...
  11. QuentinB

Jet boat ride! Dave, Shell and I had some fun with this! Tracy elected to stay behind, but she got some neat shots! If you're interested, check this out: Welcome to Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours! They have some cool videos showing the rapids and turns they do on the trip! Again, this went up to(but...
  12. QuentinB

Well, I remember this bottle, you see, and then it was gone? Whiskey, my only weakness! Still more coming, guys, but glad you like them! The pictures are nothing compared to the memories, it was all incredible...
  13. QuentinB

The next day, Shell and I went off to adventure on our own! Luckily, I remembered the directions Dave gave me(honestly, you guys should be impressed). It was much more busy than the night before, but Shell and I found cheap parking and we were off...only to have it start to downpour on us! We...
  14. QuentinB

So, after finding their place and meeting our hosts, we spent some time hanging out in the backyard! From that point, for some reason, my night got mighty fuzzy... Shell and I were shown how to get to the Falls, the finer points, and we got to eat at this great place called the Swiss Chalet. It...
  15. QuentinB

Hey everyone! This is definitely long overdue, we took the trip in August! Anyway, some background: Me and my wife Shell(ShellB on here) needed a bit of a vacation, but we weren't entirely sure where to go! Lucky for us, I had been emailing Dave and Tracy(Uslanja), and they offered to show us...
  16. QuentinB

The Nano is dead. Long Live THE 23!!!

I've got an easy solution for you, guys! I'll just ship a bit of my tank water to you! Guaranteed to kill everything but shrimp and cabbage leather corals! :(
  17. QuentinB

Our 37 Gallon Display with 10 Gallon Fuge.

It looks so... open! I say go for the re-scape, change things up a bit!
  18. QuentinB

Hey, no worries! Shell and I are pretty busy ourselves, so I know how that goes! You guys really know how to capture your tank on camera. It's impressive how hardy those little polyps are!
  19. QuentinB

Our 37 Gallon Display with 10 Gallon Fuge.

Great photos! It'll be sad to see that monti go...
  20. QuentinB

You are alive!!! :D I vote you let it grow a bit more. I'd think that now that it's entered it's new ground, it won't take too awful long to populate...