Search results

1. J

Low ph, dkh, calcium and mag

Hi- For the last week or so, I've been constantly measuing ph, alk/dkh, calcium and magnesium using Salifert test kits. Parameters seem to be around the following: temp - 77 - 78 ph - 7.7 - 7.8 dkh - 7.0 calcium - 390 mag - 1200 Ammonia, nitrates and nitrates are all 0.0. I...
  2. J

Yasha Goby and Pistol Shrimp ok with BSJF?

I have a pistol shrimp and they are living peacefully in my 22 gal tank. The bsjf is on the right side and the pistol lives on the left side of the tank.
  3. J

The Bluespot Club

Finally getting my BSJ on Monday! Can I join the club?
  4. J

Can I drop choco chip star in DT?

I have a pair of Harlequin Shrimps that are in my DT. As all of you know, I've put all my fish in QT so only inverts and snails are in the DT. I'm planning to keep it fallow for the 8 weeks that's recommended to get the ich to die-off. My question is can I just drop a Choco Chip Starfish in...
  5. J

ich on my coral beauty angel

Day 1 of copper treatment. I have the 2 picasso clowns, 1 wheeler watchman's goby, and 1 six-line wrasse in the 10 gallon tank. Copper reads 0.50 ppm per the Salifert test kit. The clowns seem to be eating but the goby and the six-line are just 'resting' all the time. Not really sure if they...
  6. J

Copper - Treatment, Use, Problems

Thanks, Lee! After I posted, I bought the Eheim Quick-Vac. I think it will do the job of vacuuming the barebottom QT tank. Would that mean that I can't use it for the DT since I will be using it on the QT with copper in it? I'm thinking I can just wash it thoroughly and replace the filter...
  7. J

Copper - Treatment, Use, Problems

Lee, I'm on week 2 of trying to build a bio filter on the sponge filter I've put in the DT. QT is now setup with heater, thermometer, new SW and some PVC pipes. Just waiting for about 3 weeks for my sponge filter to get populated before I move the fish in QT for the copper treatment...
  8. J

I would like to start quarantine next week but I don't think I can build the biological filter in just 4 to 5 days. Cupramine doesn't come in until Tuesday next week. And leaving the QT for 2 days next weekend might be just as risky. So, I think I don't have a choice at this point.
  9. J

Thank you! I just hope they can hold on in my DT until I can begin quarantine sometime the week after Labor Day weekend.
  10. J

Thanks. I saw that one but I will pass by Petco on my way home and see what they have.
  11. J

Thanks, Lee! Yes, I read the quarantine process article which was a very good read. I think it didn't address the treatment aspect but just a general QT setup. But, either way, you've cleared up a lot of stuff. Now, I hope that my fish don't get worse while I'm building up the biological...
  12. J

Re: Copper Treatment & Fallow Times Lee, Unfortunately, I got ich on my coral beauty angel a few days ago and plan to do the Copper treatment in a 10-gallon QT tank for all fish when I come back from vacation after labor day weekend. Right now, all fish (1 2-inch coral beauty angel, 1 small...
  13. J

Hi to All...

Hi to everyone on here! I'm Warren from NJ. I'm new to the forum and also a newbie at SW tanks. I've started out with FW when I was in high school and college. Now, after a few years of not having a tank, I've decided to dive into the SW world. I've started cycling my tank over the...