Search results

1. P

For Sale... Cheap!!

I am currently living in Redcar, Cleveland and need to get rid of 22 kilos of live rock, 2 false percula clowns, 1 red stripe angelfish, 1 six line wrasse, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint shirmp, 1 midas blenny and corals (hammer coral, xenia, mushroom and tooth coral). I don't have enough time...
  2. P

Converting to freshwater...

It'll be running approximately 1 watt per litre of water, so very high density lighting, I'm thinking I should make take out one of the lamps to drop it down to half a watt per litre. I've also been searching for lamps on the internet and Interpret do a wide variety of T5 Power Compacts. Such as...
  3. P

To be honest, I don't have enough time for marine anymore, circumstances have changed and I need something easier to maintain etc.
  4. P

Firstly I'll apologise because I know this goes against everything about salt water tanks, so I apologise. But has anyone actually converted their RSM 130 to freshwater, I have a marine tank now set up within my RSM but I'm going to change back to a freshwater tank (step backwards I know). My...
  5. P

RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

I was just wondering where abouts can I buy the little rotational thing for my outlet pump? I dont know if I've made myself clear but on the 130d, the 2 little outlets from the back, I've seen people have a little rotational device which fits on it and the water is then spilled out in a full 360...
  6. P

Cyanobacteria!

The tank is a Red Sea Max 130d, so its 130 litres. It has 21 kilos of live rock, Several corals and 2 clownfish, and a midas blenny. The substrate is about 1.5 to 2 inches. I use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and I use RO water but its from my lfs. I tested my water last night at 7pm and the...
  7. P

Cyanobacteria!

My tanks fairly new and only been set up for 2 months now but the past two weeks has seen an outbreak of cyanobacteria, its covering pretty much all of my substrate, I scooped some of it and put some more substrate in and within a day it was back to how bad it was before. My params are perfect...
  8. P

First SPS?

I only have 10ks but the bloke in the shop said they will be fine under medium lighting and medium water movement. Is yours on the bottom of tank? I got advised to put mine on the bottom, but want to know what other people have done with theres?
  9. P

First SPS?

Just bought a hammer coral today (lps) and its really good and healthy so far. Has anyone got experience with these, I read they have long sweeper tentacles and should be kept a fair few inches away from other corals?
  10. P

First SPS?

Thanks for all of the advice. Im going to try a few lps corals first to see if they cope well in my tank then in a few months time if everything is going well (which it hopefully will be) then I shall consider sps. I wasnt saying drastic changes in water, I only meant to say that sps can...
  11. P

First SPS?

I know what your saying about it being a smaller aquarium and therefore the water conditions can fluctuate a lot easier but I would disagree saying that the lights in the 130d are unsuitable for sps and some lps. All this knowledge is based on assumptions and guess work. Sps and lps will adjust...
  12. P

First SPS?

Nice tank and I dont think anyone can argue to say they arent growing well in there. It looks amazing, well done!:bouncer:
  13. P

First SPS?

Sapphire so the 130d lighting is capable of keeping sps? Numerous people have told me it isnt strong enough. Ive heard that LPS are generally less light demanding that SPS is this true? Are they easier to keep?
  14. P

First SPS?

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what sps corals are easy and hardy to keep. I have a Red Sea Max 130d. Which uses 55watt T5 compacts 10,000k and waters levels are at; pH 8.2, Alk 2.5, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0 and Phosphates at 0.03. I also keep the tank running at 25.0oC and the...
  15. P

Aptasia Walking?!

I have just seen possibly the weirdest thing ever in my tank. My tank has a few aptasia anemones in it and I am going to get rid of them in the future with a few peppermints. Anyways I just looked in the tank at 21:50 and seen one of them upside down using its tentacles as legs walking across...
  16. P

Clownfish sleeping habits?

There really nice fish to watch, I have put hermit crabs in mine as part of my clean up crew. And my larger female follows them around and just goes close and looks at them. Really curious fish and interesting to watch their behaviour. Definately get a pair though instead of just one.
  17. P

Clownfish sleeping habits?

Ive just got 2 false percula clowns today and ive just noticed them layin on the sand snuggled together up close lol its so cute, they have personality
  18. P

hey

Hey, My names Paul and I've just bought the Red Sea Max 130d. Its my first marine tank so I'm sure I have lots of questions for everyone :)