Search results

1. snaz

where I can Find information macro algae

Hello, Does anyone know where I can find some information on macro algae, Seagrass, and marine Plants. I would like to find a place where I can see pictures of the different types. Thanks
  2. snaz

Picture of my new specimen (Yuma)

Here is a pic of my latest addition. I traded 4 bright Orange Florida Rics for it. :shades:
  3. snaz

To banish or not to banish ID needed

ID needed What is this creature is he bad? Should I remove him from my Reef?
  4. snaz

How Do you clean your Sand Bed

Every month I vacuum the detritus off the accessible areas of the sand bed during the water change; then once every three months I clean 1/2 of the sand bed at a time using a Magnum 350 and a vacuum tube followed by a water change. I Move the LR from one side of the tank to the other every...
  5. snaz

Holy crap my tap water is bad

I just bought and hooked up a TDS meter to my DI filter. The meter monitors water going in and out of my DI filter. The water going in to my filter is 590ppm and the water coming out is 198ppm. I think I'm going to add an RO filter to my DI setup. Who makes a good RO filter, for a good...
  6. snaz

Calcium Tests over 500 ppm and I Furious

:grr: I just went out and bought a SeaTest Calcium test kit for $20.00, what a piece of crap, I think :rolleyes: I proceeded to test my tank water and it is reading above 500 ppm :bouncebox which is the limit of what the test kit can measure. I've read that a calcium level of 500ppm is...
  7. snaz

actinic Power Compacts

I'm thinking of adding some actinic Power Compacts to my setup. What brand of bulbs do you recommend? I've been looking at pictures of tanks and some of them have a purplish tint to them. I really dislike the purplish tint, I want to make sure I get bulbs that are blue not purple...
  8. snaz

Time for new MH Bulbs on my 75G tank

Hello all, I'm looking for some input on which direction I should go with my MH setup. :bouncebox Today I have a 75G setup with 2 250W, 10K, ushio bulbs running on Hamilton HQI ballasts and no actinic supplementation. I was thinking about going to a higher Kelvin bulb like a 14K or...
  9. snaz

What are these green & White things?

What are these green tube like things. They are taking over my tank. They are soft tube like plants. White at the base; green at the tip; and fuzzy at the top. When you pluck them off the rocks they give off a little powder, calcium like, but there not hard. Any Ideas??? Snaz