Search results

1. Kovu

Starckii Damsels Where to find them?

Hello, title kinda explains it all I have been trying to find these fish for some time didn't know if any of you guys knew any good place or someone that might have them. Thanks!
  2. Kovu

Ammonia Spike

The one idea that I could think of is that there are too many water changes going in a short period of time. Im not too sure about nano tanks but in larger tanks this can remove some of the bacteria thats in charge of converting ammonia to nitrite and so on. So basically the bacteria colony is...
  3. Kovu

Scientific Names

I was just wondering in my Community Ecology class this, how important is knowing scientific names is it? Im in my third year of an Aquaculture program so I know a few but when I read research papers of let say trees I have no idea what tree there talking about with the scientific name. So I...
  4. Kovu

Critters on the water surface

So I had my pump die on me when I was out for the day, but I came home to little creatures swimming on the surface of the water. I think they may be tiny copepods but maybe some type of spawning too. I added a very not helpful pic but who knows. Just trying to figure out what this could be...
  5. Kovu

White Ribbon Eel

Yea I looked and had a snowflake a couple of years, but the one I had would go after anything that moved. So if I dont go for an eel is there anything that is peaceful but still has a fierce look too it?
  6. Kovu

White Ribbon Eel

I have been reading up on these guys and wondered are they reef safe at all,I figure they will eat crustaceans but how big of a fish would they possibly go after? I dont want to get one of these if they pose a threat to my clarkii clowns that I already have. Thanks for any info!
  7. Kovu

Green Star lighting Qustion

Haha yea thats why I have my nano reef right next to it im already covered lol
  8. Kovu

Green Star lighting Qustion

I had a quick question is it possible to grow green star polyps under florescent lighting, I know they prefer decent lighting but I am interested in putting them on the wall of my fish only tank to give it some character. Thanks!
  9. Kovu

Blue Tang feeding

Thanks guys and thanks for the link was a good refresher!
  10. Kovu

Foxface Aquaculture?

Ah thank you both that was a great read thanks!
  11. Kovu

Blue Tang feeding

I recently received a Blue Regal Tang from a friend that was downgrading his tank and give her to me. The problem is she is so shy everytime I approach the tank she dives in the rockwork and she will not feed while im there. I saw her eat a few of the mysis that fell to the bottom but that it...
  12. Kovu

Foxface Aquaculture?

Yea true, I just didnt know if any of the open ocean facility were working on rabbitfish or if there is not as strong of demand as of fish species.
  13. Kovu

Foxface Aquaculture?

Was just reading some books over Aquaculture to learn some of the techniques for different types of fish. And it got me wondering have rabbitfish like the foxface been bred in captivity? If so does anybody have any links to it, thanks!
  14. Kovu

White Critters on glass?

Thanks guys thats what I thought just havent seen them on the glass before.
  15. Kovu

White Critters on glass?

I know the photo isnt the best but i just notice these guys on the front glass, and I have know idea what they are.
  16. Kovu

I officially dont understand corals

I moved my frogspawn an inch from where it was, it wasn't looking to hot, came back home tonight to find it all out and happy again. Apparently it like the knew spot more.
  17. Kovu

3 Ocellaris ok?

Like stated above if the aquarium is large enough it shouldnt be a problem. If the aquarium is smaller it could be a problem with two pairing off while the other gets picked on.
  18. Kovu

Saltwater Iphone app

Maybe a calculator that has a conservative index for putting fish in the tank. Like how many fish or the size of the fish would be typed in and then a conservative size tank would be displayed.
  19. Kovu

skimmers

I like the ASM skimmers, works great, and not too pricey.
  20. Kovu

Snowflake Clownfish Breeding Project

Looks great, too bad for the quick setback.