Search results

1. kstewart422

heater

oops, I guess the size of tank is important... It's a 90 gal tank. thanks
  2. kstewart422

heater

We had a Fluval 300w heater die last month, it caused me a couple of days of grief. It was replaced under warranty, so no issues there. How ever, with winter is coming fast, I normally keep the house about 67F during the winter months. This mainly to cut the utility costs. I'm thinking...
  3. kstewart422

OT: I just bought my first house!

Congrats!
  4. kstewart422

New looking for advice

Hello, You will find the people here are very helpful. There is a wealth of information within these posts. Just start reading and when you have questions ask. Have a Great Day PS I am a new member to this site as well.
  5. kstewart422

What is this?

OK, thanks for the info. We have 'em set up high in the tank, and it seems very happy so far. Hope everyone had a great Father's Day. Thanks again, Kenny
  6. kstewart422

What is this?

Being new to corals, sometimes I think my LFS guy has been drinking. Can anyone identify this and tell me the best feeding procedure? My apology for the fuzzy picture, this camera doesn't do well without a tripod.
  7. kstewart422

OT: girl sueing tattoo artist

Dave is right, having full sleeves myself we know that unless a person was really trashed on drugs or alcohol this just would not happen. In the USA the majority of tattoo artists will not even touch you if they think you have been drinking. Personally, I think she looks good. Now she just...
  8. kstewart422

Just moved my tank

It's always a pain in the butt to move a tank. Sounds like you did a great job.
  9. kstewart422

Fast answer please: how long will a 55g reef last with no power?

A small generator would be great to have, can you rent one?
  10. kstewart422

Trying to find some egg crate

They are "fluorescent light diffusers" actually. I discovered this merely by accident. I found that Ace Hardware had some in my area. Can anyone post some pics of their frag shelves?
  11. misc

misc

12. green polyps

green polyps

13. 85 gal bent glass tank

85 gal bent glass tank

canister filter & skimmer only
  14. the clam

the clam

15. kstewart422

Getting rid of problem fish

Nice, this method and a 6 pack of my favorite beer...
  16. kstewart422

Getting rid of problem fish

So my lady goes and buys about 8 damsels and adds them to the 90gal reef tank. We notice they are picking at some of the corals. I tell her, "they have to go". I take a water bottle, invert the top and make a simple fish trap out of it. This works great for all but one little &%#*@ fish...
  17. kstewart422

Temperature advice...

OK, Thanks for the advice and information. Have a Great Day
  18. kstewart422

Temperature advice...

I would like your input on temp. fluctuations. I have read some other posts on temp, but didn't find an exact scenario. My tank 85gal has been holding steady at 78-79F. Last night we opened up the house and the temp "in the house" when I got up was 50F. The tank was at 75F. I am using a...
  19. kstewart422

new stand

Nice, I have wanted to make an aluminum stand with polished tread plate for years. But have never devoted the time to the project. Keep the pics of your progress coming.
  20. kstewart422

Fine Filter Cartridge....

I used to use one years ago, but only once in a while. I have since tossed it out. I just didn't think it was worth the hassle to deal with. Have a Great Day