Search results

1. StirCrayzy

Aiptasia vs. Bristleworm

I was cleaning up the tank for Christmas and noticed a bristleworm hanging out on my scraper. Grabbed my phone to get a close up and mustve cut the thing in half, but it just happened to float down perfectly on target to meet its doom.... or not? Youll have to watch and see. Trying to get full...
  2. StirCrayzy

Cheap DIY LED fixture for Full QT

Well, OK disclaimer #1, CHEAP is Relative. I ordered extra hardware when I built my DT fixture, and I work in a prototype automotive shop where scrap materials are plentiful :) So when I say cheap, it's just the components I've purchased as cheap as I can find them. I'm sure a black box Chinese...
  3. StirCrayzy

Converted Coralife RODI to 75gpd

I've had this unit since 2007 and bought because it was the cheapest RODI unit I could find at the time. I have good water pressure, and 110 ish TDS coming out of the faucet, and have never been dissapointed with the performance of this product. It has never failed to deliver 0 TDS output when...
  4. StirCrayzy

En Memorandum

I've been missing my FW tank and it's been a couple years since it was setup. I've had many variations of livestock in this tank through the years, mostly cichlids. I Started with a 10g tank 25ish years ago, and my house seems empty without one. I tore the 70g down to make time and space for a...
  5. StirCrayzy

Battery powered Air Pump install

So our power is on /off all day today, and I've been putting off adding this automatic backup pump for too long. http://www.thatpetplace.com/silent-air-b11-aquarium-air-pump-battery-operated The problem is making it as minimally invasive as possible. Anyone have one of these (or similar) setup...
  6. StirCrayzy

ExTech Electronic PH Tester

Hey guys, lookin for some feedback. If anyone has ever seen one of these. My DadInLaw buys Lots of random unknown crap for cheap, in hopes of finding something worth $$ on resale. He mentioned he had a test kit and I quickly agreed to take a look. Upon exam I find the damaged product is...
  7. StirCrayzy

~~~~ BNIB WP40 ~~~~ For Sale or Trade.

After testing out my WP25, I realized it's perfect size for my tank and I have no use for the WP40 I bought. So, I will take $100 incl. shipping to the lower 48. Or I will trade straight up for another WP25, preferably NEW in the box. I think one on each side of.the tank should work well...
  8. StirCrayzy

~~~~ Brand New WP-40 ~~~~ with speed control.

The extra pump I am selling is brand new in the box never been wet.it is a very strong, not for small tanks. There is manual control via the supplied unit, or using adapter cables for some full aquarium controllers. Here is a product link page with more info...
  9. StirCrayzy

PVC adapting / adhesives

As with any DIY project, ive hit a few snags building my sump plumbing. With failure not an option, alternative methods must compensate for the shortcomings. The scenario starts with plans for a BeanAnimal stlye overflow. (See below) This cretes a lot of piping hanging off the back of the...
  10. StirCrayzy

Bulkhead Quality ... Opinions needed

Im about to make a purchase, and im about convinced the schd. 80 BHs are worth the extra $6 each. So what im looking for is some confirmation ... or should i stick with ABS? I'll be drilling fresh holes, so fit is non issue.
  11. StirCrayzy

Hair Doo's

I Just came across this pic i took a few months ago .:lol: pretty sure that why its called green HAIR algae. It reminded me of how something good can come of even the most frustrating Algae plagues. Feel free to show/tell some positive things that may have happened while in battles with our...
  12. StirCrayzy

Josh's SuperReef 65

Well, I am finally committing to the planning process since im almost ready to make the plunge into a FULL Reef setup. This will likely include just LPS and softies, but i guess i'll judge other stuff later based on lighting and stability. I just sold my old 65Long FW so i can start moving...
  13. StirCrayzy

Product reviews

Maybe just me.... But seems very unfamiliar and many review links wont open right. its been a while since i visited the reviews but its preety skrewy rite now, parsing and fatal errors and html code floating around. Might be worth a look see. Thanks. Reef Aquarium Equipment Reviews - Main...
  14. StirCrayzy

JBJ. Power compact Light fixture 135W. . 30" double bulb

After switching to T5HO last year i have this solid PC fixture sitting unused. I paid near $200 brand new and have been using this setup for a few years with no complaints. Bulbs used for 6 months,so you probably have 6 more,before they need replacing again. . Soft Corals Grow beautifully,even...
  15. StirCrayzy

ID , maybe free range Anemone?

This anemone looking creature appeared in a very obvious location, about a month ago, seems attached, though it must shrivel to nothing for some# of days, before i notice again in the same spot. looks healthy and harmless, but of course i would like opinions. Note to the right, a small...
  16. StirCrayzy

QT - New Percs - This must be Marine Ich

So in week 5 of Quarantine, after FW Bath first, and 2 Formalin Baths, These spots started showing up on the Female. Up until yesterday, there were no sign of parasites whatsoever, So i was planning on introducing them into the display within a month. Obviously that will not happen now. So i...
  17. StirCrayzy

10K vs. 12K T5HO

Hey, im looking to get a few opinions, neither right nor wrong, just Pros and cons. I ordered a new NOVA SLR fixture and instead of the advertised 10K and 460Nm bulbs, i opened the package to find an exterior manufacturer label stating new package includes 12K instead of the 10K. So with...
  18. StirCrayzy

Name this crab

Ok, i thought i could bump an old thread, but i guess i never started one. So Im re inspired to ID this long term HH. I did read through many posts, and Chuck's "every crab in the world" link, is what really makes me want to know more, as even going through that, i couldnt find a picture or...
  19. StirCrayzy

DIY Non Fridge/Cooler Chiller

Well it starts like this... Im going to need a low budget (under $100) Chiller for the winter, because i am going to run my woodstove to heat my house. The room that the tank is in will be 85-90deg for 12-15 hours a day. Details will follow, but the basic idea is that i run tubing through...
  20. StirCrayzy

Hybrid paludarium

OK so this is a project plan for after Jan 1 2010. i wont do much til then except research, and gather materials. I am starting out with the following: 65g (48x18x18) cichlid tank, and a 2g (16x16x8 deep) Turtle Tank 5g crab tank (supposed to be FW QT, but crab kept escaping the 65)...