Search results

1. LSUFireGal

What is this?

What is this bone from? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  2. LSUFireGal

New Moorish Idol

Pretty sure I can handle this one. ; ) Don't worry. Won't be trying the real thing. Lol Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  3. LSUFireGal

New Puffer has micro bubbles all over belly.

So yesterday's trip to the LFS resulted in a tiny Stars and Stripes Puffer joining our family. Someone ordered him and then decided he was too small. He would have spent a long time waiting for the right person. Huge fowlr tanks aren't the norm here. Our tank has some coral, but it is...
  4. LSUFireGal

Blueface Angel

Here is our Blueface Angel just a few months ago in December 2013: And here he is as of yesterday: Watching them change is so cool. Just wanted to share. Edit to add he was about the size of a quarter and had been banished to the refugium for his protection when I bought this system less...
  5. LSUFireGal

Fish growth

Here is my yellow blotch rabbitfish when I purchased my set up in May this year. You can compare him to my yellow tang for size reference. Here he is now just 4 months later.... Here is a crappy pic with my hand as reference. So when people warn you that they grow fast....believe it.
  6. LSUFireGal

Angelfish link?

Anyone know of a good link that shows how to tell the difference between angelfish juvenile patterns? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  7. LSUFireGal

Check out Kyle's Reef

I made Kyle a Facebook page for his reef. He is so excited to share his tank with others. Check it out at Facebook.com/kylesreef I am so proud of him.
  8. LSUFireGal

Kyle's Big Reef (220 gallon)

Just bought a 220 gallon complete set up. The big move is Saturday. I am so blessed to have such AMAZING people in my local reef club to help me get this done. I can't wait to blow my son's mind. I am going to set it up while my son is with his dad so he will come home to find out he will...
  9. LSUFireGal

Reef Keeping Poetry

My 7 year old was complaining of being bored bc it was raining outside, I told him to write a story about his fish, he asked me to help him write a poem instead. He came up with all the ideas, I just helped him make it rhyme. Kyle's Reef The best place that I've ever been, Is by my tank...
  10. LSUFireGal

New Tanked Episode

My son loves the show. I admit I like watching the outrageous tanks being built. Tonight in their computer generated rendering of one of their tanks all the hippo tangs were upside down looking rather dead. My son is quite upset wanting to know what happened to them. Who edits this stuff? I...
  11. LSUFireGal

What is wrong with my frag?

So my zoa frag has this weird bright orange dust looking stuff on it. It doesn't seem to blow off, it is also on the rock. Any ideas? It seems quite unhappy. Maybe caused by low alk? A: 0 pH: 8.2 Alk: 144 i know, low. Trying to fix it. Nitrites: 0 Nitrates: 5 Phos: <.25 Ca: 480 (test is...
  12. LSUFireGal

Kyle's 14g BioCube

My son was wanting to sleep downstairs by his 60 gallon tank so I purchased a 14 gallon established biocube. The original live stock was a black and white clown, tail spot blenny, jawfish, Pom Pom crab and cleaner shrimp. The blenny and black and white clown have been moved to the big tank...
  13. LSUFireGal

What I learned from my fish today.

Well, Autism strikes again. My son had an awful day, some change in routine at school set off some pretty severe anxiety when I got there and he was a mess. I couldn't get him calmed down and I got frustrated and finally yelled (I know, parenting fail) "What do you want me to do Kyle?" He...
  14. LSUFireGal

Kyle's Reef

Thought it might be time for me to start a chronicle for my son's reef tank. He has been begging for one since he was 3. He is seven now and I hate myself for not doing it sooner. It has given me a glimpse into his heart that a parent of an autistic child can only dream of. I see him grow a...
  15. LSUFireGal

Blenny in trouble.

Yesterday I came home after being gone for about 45 min. Tank was fine when I left. When I got home the water in my 14 g biocube was very cloudy and there were mucous like stringy things floating in the water. Fish were ok but frogspawn was all closed up, it never closes up that tight. I...
  16. LSUFireGal

Tail Spot Blenny.

Wanted to share this photo of our Tail Spot Blenny in his barnacle. http://i.pgu.me/3dzWFTT6_original.jpg He (or she) needs a name....any ideas?
  17. LSUFireGal

Must move clown.

I finally admit it I just have to move the b/w clown from the biocube to the big tank. She started being a pain and won't let my blenny leave his barnacles, he is literally allowed to move from one to the other and that's it! I have a pearly jawfish in there too and she has always chased her...
  18. LSUFireGal

Any ideas?

This fish was just rescued from a neglected tank. This is the best picture they have gotten. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? The fish is lethargic and not eating. Not breathing heavily or anything, but wedges his face into the rock most of the time. Other fish from the same...
  19. LSUFireGal

What is this?

Saw this in my biocube last night. It is near the base of a rock and was moving independent from the current. It seemed to be twitching. I know the picture sucks. It is red around the base and cream colored on the widest part.
  20. LSUFireGal

Moving a clownfish?

So I bought an established 14g biocube from a guy and it had the following livestock 2 inch b/w clown 3inch tail spot blenny 4 inch yellow headed jawfish Pom Pom crab Cleaner shrimp IMO it is a bit overstocked, but water quality has been perfect. I also have a 60g display tank with a scopas...