Search results

1. Willie McDaries

flashy rockwork :D

this is my kinda "rock" concert,not too loud with and awesome light show :lol: not that I would want to subject my fish to this,but the AI Vega LEDs are wicked http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3VwYO70TGfU this tank belongs to Kbra's from 1reef
  2. Willie McDaries

DIY plywood sump

since I worked this up for JJ,figured I may as well up my post count as well :lol: I built this from left over material from my tank build so it was a freeby for me but it is more economical to use glass if you're building from scratch but this is how I built my sump I started with a...
  3. Willie McDaries

grafted monti cap

What may be the first reported case of pigment grafting or fusing for a Montipora coral while being held within captivity. This plating and whorling Montipora capricornis coral is normally colored solid red/orange. The Grafted Montipora has had fluorescent green pigments grafted or fused onto...
  4. Willie McDaries

DIY Seaclone skimmer upgrade :D

I finally found something a seaclone skimmer was good for...a look down camera box :D after cutting out the section I needed and gluing the disk on,I drilled and mounted 3 thumb screws to hold it onto the camera lens,it works pretty good...here's some top down pics :D
  5. Willie McDaries

Avast DIY K2 kalk stirrer assembly and review thread :D

this is a really nice kalk stirrer,though it came without assembly or operational instructions,they are both posted on the Avast web site for download to PDF or here they are too... operational instructions http://www.avastmarine.com/literature/K1_manual.pdf assembly instructions...
  6. Willie McDaries

scientific powerhead studies...finally

here's a good article on powerhead outputs.... Feature Article: Experimental Comparison of Measured Flow Output of Aquarium Propeller Pumps — Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine it seems that Tunze has been fudging on their claims,surprising to find out as they are so expensive
  7. Willie McDaries

where are the LFS in the Myrtle Beach SC area

I'll be in Myrtle Beach SC next week for vacation,I was wondering where all the good LFS are located in that area,I might be forced to get my tank something new :whstlr: if anybody knows,could you post the name and address so I can program it into my GPS ? thanks
  8. Willie McDaries

flash flood devastation

yesterday,we were hit with a deadly flash flood,our neighboring community a mile up the road have been devastated by the flooding,several homes washed away,they found a mans body washed up against the bridge below my house....my area is fine but it's a mess... this house...
  9. Willie McDaries

My DIY kalk reactor...in progress :)

I'm in the middle of another DIY project,it's a kalk reactor this time...here's pics :D 5g water jug from Wal-mart,came with 5g of water that had to be drank before the project began :) I cut off the neck down below the cap and a 1.5" PVC pipe fit snugly inside,I glued it in with the...
  10. Willie McDaries

questions for the DSLR gurus

I ordered a Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR yesterday will the lens that is with it be good enough or what would be a good lens to get for aquarium photography ? also,what filters should I get for it ?
  11. Willie McDaries

Grey Seas Aquatic skimmers

has anyone here ever tried these out,it's fairly new.....I'm considering buying one and would like to here what others think about the quality and performance of the GS2
  12. Willie McDaries

Willie's plywood adventure

I have started building a plywood aquarium,something like Varga did,so I'm gonna be asking a lot of questions,and I am going very slow (money permitting)so bare with me on the updates,but here are a few pics of where I'm at now. :) these are before the epoxy paint or fiberglass
  13. Willie McDaries

hello,

Hello fellow reefers,I stumbled on to a thread somewhere on here,a guy was building a 300gallon tank from plywood,can someone send me a link back to his thread,I cant seem to find it now,his user name is verge or vergo or something like that,thanks