Search results

1. Willie McDaries

meet the newcomer

hello Dmitry, welcome to RS
  2. Willie McDaries

OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

very nice pics Basile, looking great man :)
  3. Willie McDaries

Timon's Reef RSM 250

I don't think that it will be an issue because those tanks have the bent glass as opposed to a silicone seam in the corner... I think the plastic trim is just for cosmetic purposes but I'm not really familiar with the RSM tanks, you may be able to use some plastic epoxy or maybe the Weldon...
  4. Willie McDaries

A newbee with a nem Stichodactyla haddoni

that's a beauty Basile, the clowns are probably just out exploring, I bet they return at night time :)
  5. Willie McDaries

with my chaeto and dosing the Iron & Manganese, I noticed within a week that my Chaetos new growth was a darker green and the branches seemed to be a bit larger diameter, and it started growing a lot faster after a month or so, I dosed sparingly for a few months then let up on it, now I just...
  6. Willie McDaries

as far as dosing something that you can't test for, it's best to watch how your tank responds, if things are looking good and are improving, you're doing something right, if it starts to look bad, let up on or stop dosing the product that seemed to bother them... don't dose different products...
  7. Willie McDaries

loosing colors and cohesion

Basile, even though you used a product to jump start your cycle process and it seems to be working, I think there's just some things that are best to wait until the tank has aged some, maybe those macros are just such items, but it seems odd that it could grow fine on one side of the tank and...
  8. Willie McDaries

I use the Kent Marine Iron & Manganese periodically in my tank Basile, I have no way of testing for it's content in my water so I dosed sparingly but it seems to help with Chaeto, I have dosed Iodide too but again, I've never tested for it so I've only dosed it a time or 2 , I use the Kent...
  9. Willie McDaries

Re: Still on the pill I didn't know you were a fish dentist too, you have so much talent Basile :)
  10. Willie McDaries

$17000, that's just pocket change......if you have really deep pockets LOL it's money well spent man, loving it
  11. Willie McDaries

wow, Basile, you've came a long ways since my last visit, congrats man, everything is looking great, love the refugeum and the horses :)
  12. Willie McDaries

The Reef Sanctuary

cool, just remember to start the LEDs with a very low setting and gradually ramp up the intensity over a few weeks time, they are very powerful and you need to acclimate your coral to 'em
  13. Willie McDaries

The Reef Sanctuary

excellent job reefle, that's gonna really looks awesome once you get the Pro 240 LEDs over it, what type of light are you running now ?
  14. Willie McDaries

Anyone have leads on cheap clownfish

saltwaterfish.com has a buy one get one free deal on perculas right now for $16.99 http://www.saltwaterfish.com/False-Percula-Clownfish--Buy-One-Get-One-FREE--Limit-1_p_4609.html
  15. Willie McDaries

colonizing copepods and amphipods

since you have several pod eating critters in there, it's gonna be difficult to sustain an abundance of pods in the display tank, I would suggest an external refugeum with lots of rock, preferably a larger tank than the 20g, there you can accumulate a rich supply of pods and the excess will find...
  16. Willie McDaries

that looks like 2 very spoiled kitties LOL
  17. Willie McDaries

Spray painting a flex pipe a bad idea or what help

I don't know how to remove the paint but I did try painting some myself and it wouldn't dry either, I ended up cutting it out and replacing it, something about the chemicals in the paint just don't work well with spa-flex PVC
  18. Willie McDaries

48" LED Light Fixture Help????

MarbleShark take a look at these LED http://www.reefradiance.com/lumentek-pro-240.html I think this light would do a good job over a 4 foot tank and has the built in controller to slowly ramp up and down the intensity to simulate a sunrise/sunset effect the Lumentek Pro 240 is a bit more...
  19. Willie McDaries

Needle wheel skimmer pump. Air intake WHERE?

it does typically go on the intake end of the pump, never seen one configured like in that pic...the impeller chops up the bubble and make them smaller