Search results

1. TheOutlawTorn

75 Ideas

I just picked up a 75 and had some questions. I just want to know if anyone thinks it would be safe to put 6 very small gold stripe maroon or clarkii (my 2 favorite clowns) in there and when I get a pair remove all the other clowns, or would it be better to leave 3 clowns to keep the pair bond...
  2. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

I bought a very small frag today with a few zoa polyps on it when I got my light T5HO. I was going to wait for a skimmer but when I saw it I had to have it and the LFS said it would be ok untill next week when I get the skimmer. So anyway how would I go about either getting it to spread and...
  3. TheOutlawTorn

Damsels Acting Crazy and Weird!?!?!

Well I first got a three strip damsel from my neighbor a few (3 or 4) days ago on a trade for my sand sifting star and it has been doing fine in the tank. He had another and was trying to get rid of it and could not find someone to take it so yesterday I adopted the other. Now before I put them...
  4. TheOutlawTorn

SW VS. FW Fish

Ok I just had to ask to see what everyone thinks. So Pound For Pound what do you think is the most aggressive and bad tempered fish SW or FW Fish? Also you have to give the name of the fish that led you to your decision don’t just vote fresh or salt post the fish also! Now I am not talking about...
  5. TheOutlawTorn

Do Corals Need To Be Fed?

I dont have any corals yet but I do plan on getting some within the next month or so and I am trying to learn everything I can before I get the first one. The corals I plan on getting are mushrooms, plate corals, frogspawn, hammer corals, and brain corals, pretty much all softies. My question...
  6. TheOutlawTorn

Sand Sifters For A Small Tank?

What sand sifters would be good for a small (26 gallon) tank? I had a sand sifting sea star that I admit was an impulse buy. After being told it could starve in a small tank and doing some research on it I traded it for a three stripe damsel. I want the sand sifters because I can not seem to get...
  7. TheOutlawTorn

What RO/DI Unit?

Well after seeing all of the RO/DI post, I do believe I will get one after I get my light and skimmer. So Here are a couple link of units I was thinking of. What unit is best in your opinion? 24GPD 3 Stage Aquarium Water Quality: Pure-Flo II RO Units 35GPD Pinnacle Series RO Units for...
  8. TheOutlawTorn

Should I wait for the skimmer?

Next week I will be getting my light. I have opted for the Nova Extreme 4x24w 24" T5HO fixture. So should I Wait and get a skimmer before I put corals in or will I be ok for a couple weeks if I get some mushrooms and plate corals?
  9. TheOutlawTorn

Three Stripe Safe?

My neighbor has 2 Three Stripe Damsels he his trying to get rid of. He says together they are fairly aggressive. If they are split up and put into an unfamiliar tank with an already estabilished clown do you think it will calm down and not pick on my maroon? The smaller of the 2 fish is about...
  10. TheOutlawTorn

Crabual Harassment!!!!

I just bougt 2 Astraea Snails today and ever since I have droped them in the tank 1 hermit crab and I know its the same crab every time because he is the only one with a different shell (Margarita Snail Shell) keeps harassing the bigger of the 2 snails, by harassing I mean knocking it over and...
  11. TheOutlawTorn

Maroon Clown Problems...PLEASE HELP!!!!

For the past 2 days my maroon clown has been kind of "pearching" and laying on his side on my mag float at the top of the tank. Breathing seems to be normal and not labored. Eyes are very clear. When I feed him, he gets very active and eats very healthy (IMO). The water test out perfect pH 8...
  12. TheOutlawTorn

GSM or WSM?

I recently purchased my first salt water fish, that being said I thought I had bought a regular white striped maroon clown. I was cleaning underneath the tank in the stand today and found the receipt for him and noticed it says gold stripe maroon clown........ My question here is are GSM Clowns...
  13. TheOutlawTorn

My First Salt Water Fish!

I just got my first ever saltwater fish today! WOO HOO! I got a very small White Stripe Maroon Clown (about 3/4" - 1")! I will post pics as soon as I can get him to stay still enough to get a clear pic...lol! Hopefully tonight! I am going to keep him as the only fish in the tank and I will...
  14. TheOutlawTorn

Halides And The Small Tank?

Just wanted to know if these corals would work in a 26 bow front under a HQI Pendant? If they will not work please feel free to give me some suggestions! The tank is going to have 1 McCosker's Flasher Wrasse as the only fish (If anyone thinks this fish will not work please suggest a good 4"-5"...
  15. TheOutlawTorn

Hey Now

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. New to the saltwater side of the hobby and I will have many many question for all of you....LOL! I have been on the fresh side of the hobby since I was 8 (25 now) and I really love the whole hobby! Due to some recent misfortune of a burglar smashing my tanks...