Search results

1. TheOutlawTorn

Damsels Acting Crazy and Weird!?!?!

just want to give an update i gave the three stripes to a friend because they got to rough with my maroon and tore up his tail and i was not having that so out they went. But they dug a pit in my friends tank also....weird. If they breed i will let everyone know.
  2. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

Yeah for right now im gonna wait untill I get my skimmer. I just wanted to give an update also. I just found my 2 poylps that were lost but upon regluing i think i may have glued 1 of them shut :smack: i hope it recovers but i dont think it will. I will just have to wait and see.
  3. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

Cool thank you very much! I will look for it online and also see if dave has any or can order me some. :clink:
  4. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

Hearing that as soon as i know what to do I WILL be diping all my corals. I know now that the saltwater side aint cheap...LOL. So better safe than sorry. So do you just dip them in another bucket of saltwater or freshwater before you add them to the main tank and risne them off or is it a...
  5. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

Sorry bigal but you completely lost me with that prophylacatic word....LOL. Still just learning but i will do it just need it explained to me. Thanks for all the replys!
  6. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

AWESOME! I did not know dave had that set up yet! When I was in there he was just getting it put together. I cant wait to go back and check that out now! Did he have the koi ponds up yet?
  7. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

that is where i got this frag (TAA) it HAD 8 poylps (hopefully i can find the 2 i cut) and 1 mushroom for $14. I dont know chris. Is he on here I would like to get some more zoa and shrooms. i am getting my skimmer on wed so possibly the week after that. I found 1 on extreme corals that was a...
  8. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

hopefully after i get a good population going i will be able to share with all the rs members who want them as long as they want to come over and cut them! but bigal lives really close to me so mabey i can take them over to him and get him to help out next time lol.
  9. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

well i cut some off and i think i will never mess with zoas again as far as propagation. I will still buy them but never cutting them again. I cut them before i read the post about the gloves and for like 4 hours after i cut them I had this massive head ache and by massive i mean way worse than...
  10. TheOutlawTorn

75 Ideas

I just picked up a 75 and had some questions. I just want to know if anyone thinks it would be safe to put 6 very small gold stripe maroon or clarkii (my 2 favorite clowns) in there and when I get a pair remove all the other clowns, or would it be better to leave 3 clowns to keep the pair bond...
  11. TheOutlawTorn

Do you look at water changes as "fun"?

When I had freshwater I actually liked to change the water and dose the fertilizer and start the CO2 again because the fish would seem so happy a few hours after the change and I really liked that. As for saltwater I have only done 2 (only had the tank up for about 2 months and the LFS said to...
  12. TheOutlawTorn

Zoa Propagation?

I bought a very small frag today with a few zoa polyps on it when I got my light T5HO. I was going to wait for a skimmer but when I saw it I had to have it and the LFS said it would be ok untill next week when I get the skimmer. So anyway how would I go about either getting it to spread and...
  13. TheOutlawTorn

SW VS. FW Fish

Good call ReefLady. That is exactly what I was think of when I posted! Although the abily to inflict damage sure does help out the fishs case mentioned...LOL. This is awesome so far! Keep the votes and fish coming.
  14. TheOutlawTorn

Here are some pics of the pit and him/her? attacking the glass when I got close. Sorry for low quality.... They are cell pics. Attacking the glass....I guess I got too close Side View Of The Pit Front View
  15. TheOutlawTorn

I am still not sure whats going on with them. They were still doing the same thing this morning. My neighbor had them in a 20 then caught them and kept them in a small breeder box hung on the edge of his 90 for a good 2 1/2 weeks so he would not have to catch them again when he was going to get...
  16. TheOutlawTorn

My Little Mandarin

Good Luck With Him!! Mandrins are by far my all time favorite fish and In the same sentence I will say on my personal no no list until I have ALOT of time and experience in saltwater and i am 100% sure I will not kill it! Hope you get him to thrive! Best of luck!
  17. TheOutlawTorn

Well I first got a three strip damsel from my neighbor a few (3 or 4) days ago on a trade for my sand sifting star and it has been doing fine in the tank. He had another and was trying to get rid of it and could not find someone to take it so yesterday I adopted the other. Now before I put them...
  18. TheOutlawTorn

Do Corals Need To Be Fed?

Cool thanks everyone! I still have ALOT of research to do and some equipment to buy....Still need a skimmer...I ordered my T5HO and I was going to add corals before the skimmer but I have now decided to wait on it. But with everyones help on all my post so far I think I am well on my way. Thanks...
  19. TheOutlawTorn

SW VS. FW Fish

Awesome I like it so far! Looks like I am out numbered on my freshwater vote LOL but keep the votes and fish behind the vote coming! Just a friendly reminder. Remember 240 Gallons or Less. I think a baracuda might be a bit much for a 240 gallon tank LOL!
  20. TheOutlawTorn

SW VS. FW Fish

Ok I just had to ask to see what everyone thinks. So Pound For Pound what do you think is the most aggressive and bad tempered fish SW or FW Fish? Also you have to give the name of the fish that led you to your decision don’t just vote fresh or salt post the fish also! Now I am not talking about...