Search results

1. bodyguard295

FS - Used RSM 250 Boston area

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. The tank was first set up in March 2009. The only mod that I did was to the left top inside so I could mount my overflow. With the stock hood on, you would never notice it! Some people don't even notice it with the hood off until I point it out...
  2. bodyguard295

Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

Ok, I have good news and bad news! The good news is my wife and I are expecting our first baby! YAY... The bad news, we could use the room so I must part ways with my RSM 250! I know this isn't the selling post but if anyone is interested, I'm in the Boston area. All equipment is for...
  3. bodyguard295

FS - Used RSM 250 Boston area

Used Red Sea Max 250 $1200 Firm Pick up in Lynn, MA All OEM Equipment included. Tank, Stand, OEM Hood with Lights. Product Features 234W T5 linear (1 watt/ litre) 117W 10,000K/117W Actinic Electronic Ballast High polish textured aluminum reflector 8 Blue LED moonlights...
  4. bodyguard295

Installed New Lights the other day. I'm using an Aqua Medic Ocean Light T5 Combo • 36" 2 x 250W plus 2 x 39W T5. I'll try to post some pictures soon!
  5. DSC_0034_copy

DSC_0034_copy

6. DSC_0032

DSC_0032

Clam
  7. bodyguard295

Tank's doing good! Everything is growing. It may be time to frag some thing out soon...
  8. bodyguard295

Thank you Steve! When I had my stock hood on the 250, my clams died! I bought a couple more after I changed the lighting and I've never seen clams grow as fast as mine! One is now the size of my fist! I wonder why that is? I know that clams really need MH lighting in order to thrive.... Jon
  9. bodyguard295

I'll have to take some new pictures with my Nikon D5000. Let me clean my tank first! LOL Hope all is well! :swmfish:
  10. bodyguard295

Hello All! Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday! Keep up the great posts!
  11. bodyguard295

My NewRed Sea Max 250

Thanks guys! There's a lot to learn about this camera! It should be fun!
  12. bodyguard295

Do you really need a chiller - 250

Chiller is a must! With all the pumps in the rear and lights causes a lot of heat in a closed system.
  13. bodyguard295

UV Sterilizers - does anyone use one? Pros and cons?

I use one but only have it on at night when the day lights are off. A UV won't treat ich. You need to find out what the cause of the problem is.
  14. bodyguard295

My NewRed Sea Max 250

Ok so it's been a while! I bought a new Nikon D5000 DSLR camera and I was playing around with it! Here are some of the results!
  15. bodyguard295

RSM 250 too noisy to keep, how do I reduce noise?

How oftern do you clean your pumps? Some stuff may get into the impeller area which would cause noise! I've never had any noise issue with my 250 so sorry I couldn't be more help.
  16. bodyguard295

Cabinet ventilation kit

Hello, I would get the kit if you plan to put the chiller in the cabinet! I have one installed and it takes out a lot of heat from under the tank! If I didn't have one, the heat from the chiller would just rise and continue to warm the bottom of the tank. Even with the kit, the cabinet gets...
  17. bodyguard295

what a mistake?$

How cold is your water when you're mixing? I always throw a heater in when I mix. Disolves much faster when the water is warm!
  18. bodyguard295

Tank Chiller help

I would go with a 1/4 hp chiller! When you use a smaller chiller, it will be working twice as hard to cool the amount of water that is in your tank. This means more noise and more power being used. Your chiller also won't last as long because it's working harder than it should! Maybe use a...