Search results

1. S

Temperture questions

I'm just getting my tank going I finished the cycle a month ago and put my cleaning crew in. I have about 6 hermits, 4 margarita snails, 1 Nassaris snail and a emerald crab. Oh my tank is a 28 gal Jbj with the metal halides. My question is what is a normal temp swing. my tank goes from 77-80 is...
  2. S

My tank doesn't seem to be cycling?

O.K heres my question, I have been running my tank now for 2 weeks and been testing everyday. My PH is 8.3, ammonia 0, nitrate,nitrites both 0. Theres hasn't been any spikes the only thing I'm getting is green algea and I think that is from running the light for 12 hours a day, I'm running them...
  3. S

Need a good chiller for my jbj 28

Hey everyone, I set up my tank got my live rock in and found out after about 4 hours of running with the lights on I'm pushing 81 degrees. So what would you reccomend for a chiller. Also I'm totally new to all this and had a few other questions, when you cycle your tank do you leave your lights...
  4. S

Help!!! MY mind is turning too mush.

All right, Heres my questions.I want to set up a reef tank,This will be my first fish tank, what would you suggest for a begginer set up. I've looked at the all in one systems, but was told I would grow out of one of those to quick. Then I looked at 55 gallon predrilled units with a sump, but...
  5. S

Very New with lots of questions

Hey well I'm finally in a postion to start reef tank I went to a local shop and heres what I'm looking at getting, a 46 gallon bow front aquarium with stand, high output T-5 lights, skimmer, 3 power heads, live sand and a heater. With about 20 pounds of live rock to start. Or should I spend the...
  6. S

Hey everyone just getting started

Hey everyone, I joined the forum to get as much info as I can. I would like to start a reef tank. I have never had a tank of any kind before. So I guess I'm pretty much just going to start with the hardest thing possible. But this isn't the first time I've looked into starting a tank. I was...