Search results

1. S

Temperture questions

I'm just getting my tank going I finished the cycle a month ago and put my cleaning crew in. I have about 6 hermits, 4 margarita snails, 1 Nassaris snail and a emerald crab. Oh my tank is a 28 gal Jbj with the metal halides. My question is what is a normal temp swing. my tank goes from 77-80 is...
  2. S

My tank doesn't seem to be cycling?

Hey thanks for the ideas, I was just curious once the cycle starts will it kill all the feather dusters that came on my live rock, it may seem kind of funny but I kinda have got attached to them because there the only thing in the tank right now. I have about 7 that came on the live rock and...
  3. S

My tank doesn't seem to be cycling?

O.K heres my question, I have been running my tank now for 2 weeks and been testing everyday. My PH is 8.3, ammonia 0, nitrate,nitrites both 0. Theres hasn't been any spikes the only thing I'm getting is green algea and I think that is from running the light for 12 hours a day, I'm running them...
  4. DSC_1555

DSC_1555

This is my set up JBJ 28 with M/H. I Have 20# live sand, 22# Mashall islands rock. Chiller on the way. First fish tank ever.
  5. Tank35

Tank35

My new tank all ready to get filled
  6. My first fish tank

My first fish tank

This is my set up JBJ 28 with M/H. I Have 20# live sand, 22# Mashall islands rock. Chiller on the way. First fish tank ever.
  7. S

Need a good chiller for my jbj 28

Hey everyone, I set up my tank got my live rock in and found out after about 4 hours of running with the lights on I'm pushing 81 degrees. So what would you reccomend for a chiller. Also I'm totally new to all this and had a few other questions, when you cycle your tank do you leave your lights...
  8. S

Help!!! MY mind is turning too mush.

Hey everyone I just wanted to thank you for all the info. I decided to go with you Jbj 28 with the M/H lights. I recieved a few days ago and now I am cycling it with live rock. I used #20 live sand, and #27 live rock. I was lucky on that because a guy justturned in some Mashall islands rock...
  9. Me and my pooch

Me and my pooch

MY dog loves to skate board.
  10. S

Help!!! MY mind is turning too mush.

All right, Heres my questions.I want to set up a reef tank,This will be my first fish tank, what would you suggest for a begginer set up. I've looked at the all in one systems, but was told I would grow out of one of those to quick. Then I looked at 55 gallon predrilled units with a sump, but...
  11. S

Very New with lots of questions

Hey well I'm finally in a postion to start reef tank I went to a local shop and heres what I'm looking at getting, a 46 gallon bow front aquarium with stand, high output T-5 lights, skimmer, 3 power heads, live sand and a heater. With about 20 pounds of live rock to start. Or should I spend the...
  12. S

Hey everyone just getting started

Hey everyone, I joined the forum to get as much info as I can. I would like to start a reef tank. I have never had a tank of any kind before. So I guess I'm pretty much just going to start with the hardest thing possible. But this isn't the first time I've looked into starting a tank. I was...