Search results

1. Dragonne

CoralCam Live!

OK, it's not the best quality image, I have to work on that and possible buy a nicer video stream server software (using a free one at the moment) but here it is: Michael's CoralCam LIVE! Sorry about the intermediate page, it's a requirement of the free video streaming software. I had to...
  2. Dragonne

New frag tank

Well... This kinda happened over the weekend in a bit of an emergency. I knew my Capnella was pinching a branch off last week and would probably pinch 2-3 more, my xenias were spreading, and one of my Sinular Dura had split (and another had a "baby" that was separating). I felt quite capable of...
  3. Dragonne

Unknown anemone (not aiptasia/mojano)

I have a large (nickle sized oral disc) anemone that appeared in the middle of my anthelia colony (doesn't seem to be harming them at all, no stinging reactions) and was likely there when I got it. I've had the colony for about 6 months, and only last night when I was doing some cleaning and...
  4. Dragonne

You might be a Reef Addict...

I was watching Jeff Foxworthy (the "You might be a Redneck..." guy) last night on TV, and this morning all these things for "You might be a Reef Addict..." were popping into my head. Figured I'd give everyone a laugh. - If your household budget has ever included a line item that says...
  5. Dragonne

Dendronephthia... difficult, but worth it.

OK, I know this will bring up some contraversy, but Dendronephthia are some of the most beautiful softies out there. I saw a small one at the LFS a while ago, thought that my tank was sufficiently settled in (almost 3 years at the time) so I gave it a shot.. after 5 weeks of being sure I wanted...
  6. Dragonne

70W MH HQI supplemental lighting options

Hey all. I'm looking for opinions and options for a supplemental 70MH HQI light. I've seen the jbj K2 Viper, which is a great solution if it were not made by jbj (lots and lots of complaints about them almost everywhere). I've seen a few DIY jobs out there too. I'm leaning towards a DIY that...
  7. Dragonne

Greetings!

Hey all! New to the site, but not new to the hobby. I've been keeping fish since I worked part time at a fresh/marine LFS part-time in my teens (1980's). I've run the gamut from fresh to brackish to marine, specialty fish, breeding of fish (had MANY freshwater angelfish spawns over the years...