Search results

1. TonyV

FS: LifeReef Overflow

I am taking down my RSM 130D and have my LifeReef overflow available. I paid $119 plus shipping new. This thing looks and works perfect. No loss of siphon ever. Don't settle for the cheaper versions. Get the original. $50 takes it. I'll even throw in a ball valve and the barbed hose...
  2. TonyV

FS: Custom Sump by TruVu

I am taking down my Red Sea 130D and building up a new tank so the old equipment must go. Here is a sump that I had custom built by TruVu Aquariums I paid $240 2 years ago. I will let this go for $100. Not interested in any trades. Pick up in 95124. Sorry it's too big to ship. PM for...
  3. TonyV

FS 34 Gallon Red Sea Max 130D

Ok so I have a new tank in the works and the old tank has to go. Here are the specs: Equipment: Red Sea Max 130D 34 Gallon Tank with Stand (sump and Bubble Magus Skimmer not included) AquaticLife 4x24w T5 Fixture with Digital Timer 2x ATI Aqua Blue (purchased in Novemberer 2010) 2x ATI...
  4. TonyV

Any RSM owners with a LF overflow and a Gurgle Buster?

Any fellow RSM owners have a LifeReef Overflow and a Holfer Gurgle Buster installed? I am trying this method after having mixed success with the tubing method. I am looking for a pic or an approx. height at which the bell is positioned. So far I am not really impressed. I've had better...
  5. TonyV

FS - Tank Teardown

Time to take down the tank. First up a few un-needed items then livestock and rocks followed by the tank. Lots of goodies going to show up over the next few days so check back weekly as things go. First up is... $10 New Tunze Magnet - 1 half only but both halves cost nearly $40 from...
  6. TonyV

Well they say it happens to everyone at least once. :(

Just like the title says...it's true. My tank has been in a perpetual crash since the beginning of summer. I've learned to take nothing in reefing for granted. I thought my reefing husbandry was spot on. Luckily we have great forums, LFS, and fellow reefers to offer help and assistance with...
  7. TonyV

Eheim 1262

Up for sale is an excellent condition Eheim 1262 return pump. Used for a couple of months and then all cleaned up. It's too strong for my tank so my loss is your gain. See Marine Depot's site for specs. $120.00 picked up from 95124 or $125 shipped within the continental US. Price is firm. May...
  8. TonyV

RSM owners with a LifeReef overflow / I'm on the fence

Ok so it's been nearly 3 weeks with my new filtration setup consisting of a LifeReef overflow and a custom sump on my RSM 130D. I just can't get comfortable with the fact that I am having water flow outside of my tank by means of a siphon (principle on which the LR works) and have a sense of...
  9. TonyV

Special Edition StevieT Skimmer Cup for Tunze 9002

What you see is what you get. Special edition Blue color hand built by the legend that StevieT is. :) Came from my Red Sea Max 130D. May fit other AIO tanks but no guarantee. $16 shipped in the USA. PM for details.
  10. TonyV

The hard way to learn your back chambers need a good cleaning!

So after searching my tank for 15 minutes or so for my flame angel, I recall reading a post about a fish getting stuck in the back chambers. Well, low and behold, there it was. It took me nearly 3 hours to take everything out, take a trip to Petco for a fish net, catch the darn thing, clean...
  11. TonyV

What would you change on the next RSM 130?

We all know that the RSM 130/130D is a great tank but like all products, it does have it's shortcomings. With January just around the corner when Red Sea is known for releasing new products and updates, I thought it would be beneficial for our little community to generate a list of changes we...
  12. TonyV

RSM 130D Hood w/new bulbs

I just purchased a new light fixture for my RSM and no longer need the stock hood. Hood is in pristine condition and the bulbs were just replaced and used for 5 days before I received my new light fixture. Hood and tank are 10 months old. No rust from salt creep. Receipt available upon request...
  13. TonyV

Alternative light fixtures?

Any RSM owners using aftermarket light fixtures other than the discontinued Outer Orbit or the Odyssea knock-offs? I am ready to make a change and finding Outer Orbits are nearly impossible. I have found one new but the price is high. Anyone use the Aquatic Life T5 HO Light Fixtures w/ Lunar...
  14. TonyV

Any RSM owners Vodka dosing?

Comments, thoughts, experiences? Seems pretty popular and the results (which may or may not be doctored up in PS) seem legit. My big reason for wanting to do this is to further lower my PO4 levels. My Nitrate levels are already low so I am just trying to attack the PO4. I am hoping this will...
  15. TonyV

Cleaning the back chambers

How often do other RSM owners perform this awful task? Care to share any tips? I clean mine about every 3 months when I notice my PO4 starting to rise. Today with the wife out of town I had all day for tank maintenance. Sure looks nice when your done. My method is to turn all pumps and...
  16. TonyV

Don't let the Red Sea gurus see this!

Ok so after nearly 6 months of running the RSM 130D I have grown to know it's pros and cons. One of the biggest issues with the tank I have found is the close proximity of the proprietary circulation pumps to the water level which can cause the the infamous micro-bubbles. It also could use a...
  17. TonyV

One of those things you wish you hadn't done!

So I have been cycling and curing some rock in a holding tank for some time now to add to my aquascape to give it an arch way. Well, turns out that my aquascaping on the bench didn't exactly fit well with the existing rock work. So what do I do, I start re-arranging all my rock work and...
  18. TonyV

Who here has a Vortex MP20?

So I just picked one up and it's quite a bit larger than I was expecting. I couldn't hold out for the MP10 so I jump on the opportunity. So far I am not sure what to say. I need to figure out the settings a bit more as all it seems to do regardless of the setting is blow the current across...
  19. TonyV

Free RSM parts

As posted on Nor-Cal Reef Club forum... Not really sure it's worth so I figured I'd give it away, but I just bought a new RSM 130D and have new un-used Red Sea Max Replacement Bio Media, and new un-used Red Sea Max Replacement Premium Activated Carbon. I also have the stock heater 150W and...
  20. TonyV

Break-in for Tunze 9002?

I just put in a Tunze 9002 to replace the stock skimmer. I am having major issues with micro-bubbles. More so than with the stock skimmer. I thought the circ pumps were getting starved so I removed all media but the same results. Does this skimmer need to be broken in, and for how long? Any...