Search results

1. G

MAJOR, MAJOR bubble algea!

We had our HQI 28 gallon set up for over a year now. Well past cycle. Everything is out of whack!:cursin: We have so much bubble algea that its killing our corals. We have picked the stuff off by hand. We have added a differnt pump and a UV seralizer and it has gotten worse! We are very...
  2. G

Compatable Tangs

I was wondering if a Naso Tang would be compatable with a Blue Tang. Here is the pic of the tang we have just incase i have not named it correctly and you will know for sure what I am talking about. I am wanting to order tonight. Thanks all!!! This is Dori!! Of course!
  3. G

What Is This Stuff??

We did a water change Sat night and this stuff is looking somewhat better. Please advise me on what it is and what I can do about it. Thanks... The stuff on the rocks We have had red slime before and this does not seem to be that. It is like bubbles also form on it, but not...
  4. G

Leather Question

I have had this leather since the middle of Dec of 2008. Its has gotten HUGE!!! Well within the last couple of weeks it has been loosing some branches on the top. I am assuming this is a natural process. We now have 10 new leathers in our tank. I dont know what we are going to do with them...
  5. G

Sea Urchin puzzle??

Ok I was watching my tank Saturday night and I noticed green bubble looking things floating up from my sea urchin. I have never seen this before. I see this thing poop all the time, so I know its not that. My tang was staying right with the urchin and eating them as soon as they would release...
  6. G

Does RODI water go bad??

The reason for me asking this is due to our recent outbreak of cyno. We finally had it gone. All of the sudden, with in the last week or so it has came back bad!! We were wondering why because we have not been over feeding, toping off with RODI water, and not running the lights too much...
  7. G

Looks like bristle worm attack!!!!!

Ok my foxface is REALLY REALLY ugly at the moment!! He has bristles on his snout. Looks like his upper lip is gone or either swollen up so bad all u see is his upper teeth. I will try and get a pic so u can see, but it will be hard to see. Is there anything I can do?? I can not catch him...
  8. G

Thought this was a cool pic!!!!

My friend took this pic of my starfish!! I love this pic!!! Hope you do as well!
  9. G

My New Hammer Coral!!!!

I have been looking at this hammer for 3 months now...2 days ago my husband superised me with it!!! He is so sweet!! I am so excited!! :bouncer: :D :spinner: :woohoo: :woohoo: I will post more pics later.
  10. G

Check this pic out!!

I was looking at my tank about a week or so ago and see this polyp eating a trigger pod! Thought this was cool, so I took a pic. Enjoy! It ate the whole trigger pod!! Took it about an hour!
  11. G

My Anemone Split!!!!!

I was looking at my tank a little bit ago and I had to take a double take!!! My nem split! I had no idea it was even close to spliting! I am so excited, from what I understad is you have to have a very pristine system for one to split. Is this true?? Does this mean we are actually doing...
  12. G

28 JBJ HQI Nano Cube Pics

This is a pic of my nano after it has been up for 2 months. I have added some new things since then, but have not took any pics. I will keep it updated b/c I want to see it grow. Enjoy.....:snshne: Hope you like. I will get more pics soon. I am hoping to add lots...
  13. G

Should I, Should I not???? That is the ????

Ok as lots of you know I have been seriously debating putting my ever so skinny Dragon Gobie into my well established 80 gallon tank. For the last month, my poor fish has gotten skinner and skinner. I have tried lots of differnt things to get him to eat. Nothing has worked. Seafansar helped...
  14. G

Please ID this coral

I bought this from a LFS and they told me it was Tunica....well I have found under tunica looks NOTHING like this. I know this is not the best pic, hope its good enough for an ID. Thanks all. Like I said, sorry for the poor pic....
  15. G

UV and Marine Ich

Re: UV Sterilizer I am sorry, but I have to disagree with what others are saying. I have a UV steralizer due to having a HUGE ICH outbreak. It brought my tank under control very quickly. We have not had an issue with ICH for over a year or longer. And yes I know fish build up some immunity...
  16. G

Is this normal??

Just wanted to know if it is normal for mushrooms to move around?? I have had several in the last month to move!! Just thought it was kindof strange. Thought they stayed put. One made 2 babies and moved about an inch. Then I have another that has moved about a inch for no reason. Maybe it...
  17. G

Help Getting Dragon Gobie To Eat!

I have had this dragon gobie for about a month. Well when we got him he looked all nice and fat. Well here recently he is looking pretty poor. To me he looks a lot skinnier. Starting to get the pinched belly look. I have tried A LOT to try and get him to eat. I have tried brine and mysis...
  18. G

Check This Site Out!!

My husband found this site, and it has a RODI unit specially for reef keeping! They have very resonable prices as well! Hope this helps someone! Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Products and answers for your water treatment needs.
  19. G

Majano eratication help!!

I am going to get rid of some mojano nems tonight. I need to know if I am suppose to use a needle, stick in into the nem and squirt the stuff in?? I have some near polyps and mushrooms, is injecting the stuff in the nem gonna hurt any of my SPS's?? I am gonna use kalkwasser. Thanks for your...
  20. G

Snowflake Eel question????

So a lot of you know that I have a snowflake eel in a 15 gallon setup. Well he is going to be to big for it within 6 months or so. I need to know if i can add him to my 80 or my 28 gallon. In my signature you can see what fishes are in each tank. He is about 10" long now. Is he already to...