Search results

1. chefunk

Mechanical filtration

thaks reefmack, that's a solution worth looking into!
  2. chefunk

Mechanical filtration

I was running x's 2 because I first wanted to get rid of the Bio tubes that came with the RSM130D system, as people mostly said it generated nitrates. I replaced, as suggested, with chemi pure and purigen. Next, I decided to install a Tunze9002 which, of course, required a Stevie T media rack...
  3. chefunk

Chamber of death water flow

In trying to trace my micro bubble problem I have determined that part of the problem is that water does not flow into the chamber of death fast enough to keep the water level high enough to cover the return pump tubes. Looking down from the top I can see where it spills over from the heater...
  4. chefunk

Mechanical filtration

I do have a micro bubble issue but I have determined that it is due to lack of flow to the return pumps. Water does not flow into the chamber fast enough to keep the bottom of the tubes covered. I have tried extending the tubes but that has only been partially effective, I believe I need tro...
  5. chefunk

Mechanical filtration

Thanks Red sea - that's interesting.....that would help, you think? I tend to keep the level high to fight the micro bubble problem I am having since I put in the Tunze 9002.
  6. chefunk

Mechanical filtration

I got the Water Level, but the DT?
  7. chefunk

Mechanical filtration

I continue to be unhappy with, and puzzled by, my mechanical filtration. I seem to have a lot of particulate floating in my tank and I can get rid of it. Currently I have recently upgraded to the Tunze 9002 with Stevie t's media rack. The media rack contains chemi pure elite, purigen, stock...
  8. chefunk

Lighting upgrade?

Very helpful, thanks! I'm shopping for the 24" size, correct? Which of the three options do you prefer? Thanks so much for your time!
  9. chefunk

Lighting upgrade?

Thinking about upgrading the lighting in my 130D and I'm curious what people are doing? I've been reading up a bit on the Outer Orbit line. What are people using?
  10. chefunk

Let the games begin!

don't forget this one......
  11. chefunk

Let the games begin!

even more!
  12. chefunk

Let the games begin!

and more.....
  13. chefunk

Let the games begin!

How about an update? I re-aquascaped my tank....kind of wish I hadn't lost some height, which was night tp try to get more flat area to place corals......
  14. chefunk

Microbubbles in your RSM? Check here!

replace circulation pups? Has anybody replaced the circulation pumps with another product as a solution to micro bubble problem? I did not have much problem prior to installing a Tunze 9002. Now I have some bubbles and have tried the extended intake mod but it still produces bubbles, it stops...
  15. chefunk

Water Clarity?

Thanks fr all your imput - here are my most recent test results if that gives anybody any more info - temp - 78 S/G - 1.026 ph - 8.4 alk - 2.6 calc - 425 Ammonia - 0 nitrite - .05 nitrate - 5.0 [not sure 'm reading this one right, stock RSM lab test] phos - 0.1 Mag - 1280 As...
  16. chefunk

Water Clarity?

Not familiar with white/blue filters, could you please provide a link?
  17. chefunk

Water Clarity?

Thanks for your help. Fine is an adjective that denotes a state of being free from impurities or well with in acceptable parameters.
  18. chefunk

Water Clarity?

Anybody have problems or solutrions to lack of water clarity? My chemistry seems fine, all flora and fauna happy and healthy, but I have a lot of tiny specs in my water that I assume are DOC's. I emptied the chamber of death yesterday and replaced with Chemi-pure Elite AND Purigen but it does...
  19. chefunk

Let the games begin!

uno mas!
  20. chefunk

Let the games begin!

Some recent pics o' my tank, I love it. Been very good to me so far. Yes, I'm trying a maxima with stock lighting......