Search results

1. Curgan

installing icecap retrofit kit..

I have two questions so far about putting this kit together, maybe you guys can help me out... im installing the 48 inch kit.... first what is the best way to gauge the distance the end caps need to be from each other? im looking for a distance to measure out from the inside of one mount to...
  2. Curgan

Emerald crab and cheato...

i have a ball of cheato in my display tank... and my emerald crab likes to pick at the cheato and eat the algae off of it... so now i have tiny peices of cheato in my tank... i was wondering if this is a bad thing... would this release the nitrates and phosphates in the cheato into the water?
  3. Curgan

Increasing lighting....

I currently have about 100 watts of florescent light above my 55 gallon... i have an icecap 660 4 bulb 4 foot retro kit on the way. my question is the best way to ramp up the light... I've read the posts on using screens to diffuse the light and take a screen off every week. My question...
  4. Curgan

anyone familiar with this retro kit??

Anyone familiar with this retro kit? i belive it is a catilina aquarium setup, anyone know if its any good?
  5. Curgan

Good Deals on Retro kits??? (48'' t5)

Hey everyone, my ballast on my current set up just went out and im looking for a retro kit to put in my canopy... anyone know of some good deals? im looking for 48' t5 54x4 or 54x6... with or without moonlights it doesnt matter....
  6. Curgan

So when does it happen???

So the first 2 years my tank was running, i was using tap water for water changes and top offs. needless to say i had a bad GHA problem... for Christmas of last year i got a RO/DI filter. now my nitrates, phosphates, nitrites and ammonias are all at ZERO, and Im really happy about that, but...
  7. Curgan

Picked up a few things at MAX... (PICS)!!!

So me and the GF went to the Marine Aquarium Expo yesterday... It was a blast!!! We didnt win the grand prize raffle for the 300 gallon plug and play aquarium.. :winner: NOT ME!!! but we did take a few goodies home and i thought id share... We got our first Florida Ric!!! WOO HOOO...
  8. Curgan

Whats My Goniopora doing?

Ive seen alot of growth in my Goni over the 6 months that ive had it, but ive never seen this happen before... it looks like a mini Goni is growing out of its side... anyone with experience with Goniopora know what its doing??? Heres a pic...
  9. Curgan

Weird Worm thing came out at night... I need ID...

So tonight right before i was going to bed, i saw this thing in my roommates tank... it was extended to about 4 inches long... and looked like a worm that would extend, then when i put a light on it it would retract... anyone have any ideas....
  10. Curgan

HOB filter stopped working...

:mad: :mad: :mad: so i have a small HOB filter, i turned all my pumps and filters off because i was doing a 25% water change, when i kicked the power back on, my HOB filter (which i use as a mini fuge) stopped working... I took the chaeto and LRR out of the filter and have been trying to...
  11. Curgan

Lighting upgrade on a budget?

So i got my tax refund check... and i want to upgrade but im definitely on a budget... im currently running one 54w t5 with one 30w t12... this has sustained life in my tank for 2 years, but i dont have much growth at all, so its time to upgrade, my tank is about 50gal, 48"x 12"x18", im...
  12. Curgan

Lighting Question....

So a friend of mine gave me 3 ballasts with wiring and end caps... i really need to upgrade my lighting and this is a good first start if i can set these up. i have 1 ballast that will support 2 40w t-12's, on that supports 2-54w t-5s, and one that supports 2 40w PC's... My question...
  13. Curgan

Power Outages!!

I just received a letter in the main from southern California Edison, my power company, saying that there is going to be a power outage on the 10th of February from 9am-4pm, and that those are ruff estimates to how long the power is going to be down... I live in southern california and it is...
  14. Curgan

time for a new fishyyyyy! What to get?

So me and my GF, lost a Kole tang, over the weekend... it was a sad affair... he was such a cool fish. and now the tank seems so empty with out him...i dont think i want to get another algae eatter, becuase i have lost the tang and a twin spot goby over the last 6 months... i dont think there...
  15. Curgan

My Goni is all swollen!!!

My Goniopora has been doing weird things all day... has anyone ever seen this and is it normal?
  16. Curgan

WTF is it???

So this guy on craigslist was selling his tank and everything within, he said every coral in the tank was 20$ each, so i picked this up from him... i just have no idea what it is...
  17. Curgan

I thought id share...

Heres something i made about two months ago and i thought you all might want to take a gander... maybe its a yellow stripped blue tang??? :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:
  18. Curgan

Reefer from Orang County, Ca

Hello all, My name is Mark from Orange county California, Here is a few pics of my 2 year old reef tank. Look forward to reefing with you all! :hallo: