Search results

1. Curgan

Help me with lighting for my 55

I have a 55 gallon, and just put 4 t5's over it, and i love it. I got the icecap ballast and retro kit, which overdrives each t5 to 80 watts or so... and threw two fans in there to drive out the radiant heat, and everything is working great, with no chiller, and i live in southern cali, where...
  2. Curgan

The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  3. Curgan

Lighting Question For Aquarium with Canopy

i just got the icecap retrofit kit and i could not be happier.. look into it...
  4. Curgan

installing icecap retrofit kit..

i got it figured out disregard this post....
  5. Curgan

installing icecap retrofit kit..

I have two questions so far about putting this kit together, maybe you guys can help me out... im installing the 48 inch kit.... first what is the best way to gauge the distance the end caps need to be from each other? im looking for a distance to measure out from the inside of one mount to...
  6. Curgan

Emerald crab and cheato...

i have a ball of cheato in my display tank... and my emerald crab likes to pick at the cheato and eat the algae off of it... so now i have tiny peices of cheato in my tank... i was wondering if this is a bad thing... would this release the nitrates and phosphates in the cheato into the water?
  7. Curgan

Increasing lighting....

i have 6 screens cut and ready to go, im just waiting on the lights to get here... How many screens have people used in the past, do you think 6 will be enough for a 4 bulb 48" icecap setup?
  8. Curgan

Hello Reef Sanctuary!

Welcome!! WE LIKE :eye: :eye: PICS!
  9. Curgan

Increasing lighting....

My lights should be coming sometime this week. so im starting to prepare for the upgrade... i have the screen ready to go. Is there any reason to move corals to the substrate to reduce the light to them even though im going to be putting screen on there to reduce light?
  10. Curgan

Good Deals on Retro kits??? (48'' t5)

I got a good deal from someone on the forum... im getting a icecap retro... thanks though..
  11. Curgan

Increasing lighting....

aight ill do the screen method... i have a canopy on the tank.. should i just tape the screen to the inside of the canopy?
  12. Curgan

Increasing lighting....

That is why i was wondering if i start out with one or two of the bulbs in at first would work to keep the intensity down, then add a bulb in every two weeks...
  13. Curgan

Increasing lighting....

I currently have about 100 watts of florescent light above my 55 gallon... i have an icecap 660 4 bulb 4 foot retro kit on the way. my question is the best way to ramp up the light... I've read the posts on using screens to diffuse the light and take a screen off every week. My question...
  14. Curgan

New Reef Keeper Here...

Welcome to the RS... My Roommate had that same exact tank, he supported some soft corals in there without any problem. he did take the stock bulbs out and replaced them with a t-8 6000k and an actinic bulb. he eventually too off the eclipes hood and bought some t5 lighting and and HOB...
  15. Curgan

anyone familiar with this retro kit??

im also looking into getting two of these instead... but im not an electrician... anyone know is these are hard to wire up?
  16. Curgan

anyone familiar with this retro kit??

Anyone familiar with this retro kit? i belive it is a catilina aquarium setup, anyone know if its any good?
  17. Curgan

SOUTHERN CALI Reefers!!!

Hey Wake, Do you guys sell t5 retro kits?
  18. Curgan

Good Deals on Retro kits??? (48'' t5)

Hey everyone, my ballast on my current set up just went out and im looking for a retro kit to put in my canopy... anyone know of some good deals? im looking for 48' t5 54x4 or 54x6... with or without moonlights it doesnt matter....
  19. Curgan

Cleaning Pumps and Powerheads

i just cleaned my power heads with this technique for the first time in two years,,, WOW what a difference!!! AWESOME!!!:clink: