Search results

1. J

Strange Sand sifter behaviour

So its been a month and they are apart now. No one got eaten and things seem to be back to normal. They were in that position all around the tank for the longest time. Maybe three weeks... Sometimes they go on top of one another again but not nearly for that long. No babies that I can...
  2. J

New 200 Gallon Deep Dimension

Thats not a bad idea. It would eliminate the large splashing that is occurring right now with the water drop from the hoses. I have a couple filters there too that the water passes on the way down. A white filter and black carbon one. Do you think these are even necessary?
  3. J

I don't think I know what you are talking about then. The open space I have in my sump is right where the water comes from my tank into my sump. I think you know this but I am not sure what I can put there right where the water drops. Its like a waterfall right now.
  4. J

Is it not going to be a problem that this spot is where all the water falls into the sump?
  5. J

Should I put something in place of the balls or just leave that massive gap where the balls used to be? On my smaller system I used to put small pieces of live rock rather than bio balls but I don't have enough to fill that space right now. Edit: 10:00pm Removed Bio Balls. 2 buckets full. Not...
  6. J

What is wet dry? Also I have a problem with one overflow and a flushing noise. I didn't have this problem when I first set it up. Any thoughts?
  7. J

Strange Sand sifter behaviour

I just merged two tanks into one big one and each tank had a sand sifter. Since I put them both in, the larger one has covered the smaller one and has been there for many days now. They seem to move around the tank but the one remains on the other. Anyone know whats going on here?
  8. IMG_0044

IMG_0044

9. J

Stock List. Fox Face Pork Fish Orange Skunk x2 Ocellaris Clown x2 Flame Angel Christmas Wrasse 6line wrasse Cleaner wrasse Brown bird wrasse pajama cardinal x2 Dwarf lionfish Arc Eye hawkfish Long nose hawkfish Yellowtail Blue Damsil Green mandarin fish Convict blenny Threadfin...
  10. IMG_0041

IMG_0041

11. IMG_0037

IMG_0037

12. IMG_0040

IMG_0040

13. J

Equipment List Equipment list: Hydor Performer 500 dp skimmer 1800 GPH pump 2x Fluval E300 heaters Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 lighting (modded with moonlights) Hydor model 3 and 4 powerheads 2 x Phos-reactors (one with carbon and the other with phosphate remover) Custom sump with refuge...
  14. J

Thank you, I think I could maybe put one of them in there and see how it goes at least.
  15. J

Sump setup. Tank shot. Remote shot: Basically, I have the tank setup in a living room downstairs and on the other side of the wall I have the sump in the laundry room which makes doing maintenance so much easier and cleaner for me. A couple things I don't know about right off...
  16. whole

whole

17. clam4

clam4

18. sump7

sump7

19. tank36

tank36

20. J

I am starting this thread to hopefully get some feedback and some good ideas on how I should keep this tank going and improve the quality of life for my stock. The tank is new, been up for about a month. I am merging two older 65 and 75 gallon tanks into this one. The live rock is already...