Search results

1. razorvines

Skimmer Suggestions

Hey everyone, I am ready to upgrade the skimmer on my 125 tall. I currrently have a Red Sea Berlin, but it isn't getting the job done. I have had some recommendations previously of an ASM, Euro Reef, or AquaC. I am considering Eric's Nautilus TE because it is such a good deal and have been...
  2. razorvines

Red Sea Berlin Skimmer

I am curious about anybody use the Berlin skimmer what kind of pump are you using? I have one with a Mag 3 on it and it does pretty good work. I am really curious about how the Mag 5 with fractionating impeller would do.
  3. razorvines

24 Gallon JBJ Nano Stand & Hood

I have a nice stand and standard hood for a 24 JBJ Nano for sale. Attached are the pics. $50 The tank is not available. It busted and I trashed it.
  4. razorvines

Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee!!

So lately the theme to my life has been, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. The theme continued early this morning, when we heard a loud crash and the sound of water splashing everywhere. I don't know how or why, but my 24 Nano decided it couldn't hold the water any longer...
  5. razorvines

WTB: Sebea Clowns

Looking for a pair of Sebea Clowns. Can anybody help me?
  6. razorvines

Need an id on this creature

My son spent the week with his grandma down in Stuart and he caught this down at the dock. It looks like some kind of sea slug. He wants to put it in one of the tanks, but not until I know what it is.
  7. razorvines

Fuge Lighting

So I was looking around the local home improvement store for lighting options to go over the fuge. I didn't want a clamp on, or something big and bulky. So I decided on an under cabinet light. Pretty similar to this. Sea Gull Lighitng at Lowe's: 1-Light Undercabinet/Rope Light It was great...
  8. razorvines

Sump return pumps

So yesterday my return pump on the 125 blew and just about boiled my sump/fuge. So instead of putting another used pump on it I plan to buy a new one today. What are everyone's thoughts on the brand to get. I have a couple mag drives that I really like, but thought I would see what kind of...
  9. razorvines

Chaeto Question

I have an old HOB overflow box that I used to put Chaeto in and have it hanging right next to my T5 lights. It has been there for probably a month and doesn't seem to have grown at all and there is a ton of white stuff in the bottom of the overflow. Is this really doing me any good? Should I...
  10. razorvines

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay was working on getting my 75 I bought this weekend set back up. I was working with the back overflow and the dreaded sound that I hate....... CRACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! I had barely even moved it so it really frustrates me. So now do I try to fix it or is this tank now destined for a...
  11. razorvines

Unknown items help

I went and broke down a 75 gallon aquarium with 20 gal sump this weekend. When I was cleaning out the sump, I found what I think is maybe bristle worms. Do I need to get rid of these, or are they okay in the sump? Also I noticed something strange that was on the rock in the DT. I don't want...
  12. razorvines

60" T5 lights

I just had one of my 60" T5 light fixtures for my 125 tall quit working. I am having a really hard time finding a replacement without spending $800+ on an all new setup. Anybody maybe have one that you want to get rid of? Thanks Jason
  13. razorvines

Leather breaking loose

Okay I got a leather from a friend this weekend. It is attached to a really large rock and he is breaking loose. I put him in Friday night and he looked awesome on Saturday morning. This morning he was laid over in the sand so I sat the rock up to get him out of the sand. Now he is doing...
  14. razorvines

WTB: Glass Canopy for a 75g (48" x 18")

Last night I came away with a really nice deal. I traded my 30 gallon Hex tank for a 75 tank. To my surprise the guy had T5 lighting on the tank, but had told me it was PC. So very good trade in my book. Anyway I need a glass canopy for it. It is going to be fw since I converted the...
  15. razorvines

SW Nube lighting question

I really appreciate all the other feedback. So now I move to lighting. I have a 125 Tall, so it is 60" long and it has a 48" light fixture with two bulbs that currently sits on the glass top. As mentioned Pet Land is going out of business and I want to pick up a couple lights while they...
  16. razorvines

New Tank Question

I am about to convert my 125 FW to a SW tank. Will it help my cycle time or be a benefit if I keep the current water and just add instant ocean? I have had FW tanks all my life, but this will be my first SW. Thanks in advance.