Search results

1. B

FS Red Sea Purple tang, masuda hogfish, bristletooth tang Chapel Hill NC

Bump... $225 for the beautiful purple tang.... Pick up on Sunday 3/25... Also for sale... masuda hogfish $80 and bristle tooth tang $40 All three fish for $325.... Healthy and beautiful. The tangs have been together nearly 3 years, and the hogfish with them 2.5 years.
  2. B

FS Red Sea Purple tang, masuda hogfish, bristletooth tang Chapel Hill NC

In captivity for over 5 years. Same tank for 2.5 years. Never a sick day. Over 5 inches, and 100% healthy. Tank break down forces sale. Beautiful Red Sea purple tang. Pick up only. Pookie $225 Also have large Masuda Hogfish 5-6" (also known as Candy Cane Hogfish) for $80 Bristletooth...
  3. B

Flatworm Solution, all my corals are all dying and closed!

Interesting (sad) note. I treated my tank a few years back for a relatively minor flatworm problem. I used levamasole. I had the bigger, purplish fw's rather than the little reddish brown ones (like on the box of FW Solution.) Anyway, I had a mystery wrasse that I'd had for about a year, and...
  4. B

60 Gallon Rimless build

Curious.. I have a rimless 60 cube.. built by glass cages. I thought I was going to use my MP 10 on it. I have one of the older style MP 10's. Anyway, the person I bought the tank from, said that she didn't think it would work... She'd tried it before, that it was two easy to knock off...
  5. B

thinking about getting a carpet.

Depends which "carpet anemone" you choose to keep. Also, how hold is your tank? Until it's been stable for at least 6 months (a year is better) it's better to hold off. Also, there is alot of ancedotal data saying that with a bta in the tank, alot of haddoni's (the sand dweller) don't like to...
  6. B

Carpet Anemone Q

Ok, maybe I totally missed it, but to set my heart at ease... Are you doing these water changes with RO/DI without salt????? Top off is RO/DI.. waterchange.. saltwater... I'm not trying to put words into your mouth, but forums limit immediate feedback during a conversation.. soooooo...
  7. B

Which type of carpet anmone is this?

You have a beautiful S gigantea :) Congratulations :) I think the previous poster may have thought you were showing him/her a S haddoni. So the characteristics and care is a bit different. They do look alike when they are ticked off ;) What type of lighting do you have?
  8. B

Trying to reduce my electrical bill $$$

:) It is pretty crazy!!!
  9. B

Trying to reduce my electrical bill $$$

My tank is an energy hog. I have 1600w of halides over a 6 foot tank, therefore lighting is easily my biggest drain.. Since I must work in order to provide electricity for my tank ;) I'm not home during the day to look at it. My photo period is actually 5 pm to midnight LOL I need to see if...
  10. B

Torching the tank... Ive had enough!

Thank you for the feedback! (I love your avatar by the way!!!) I guess I just need to do the bleach/acid/time method. :( It's alot of big rock, and boiling will bad.
  11. B

Torching the tank... Ive had enough!

Cool thread... :) I've gotten (after 10 plus years of reefing...) some red algae that is kicking my butt. It's not awful yet, but I can see it coming. I "believe" it's due to the use of some of aquavitro's products (fuel in particular) but I'm not sure. The only thing I'm sure of, is...
  12. B

help with carpet anomone

Wow... angry much? Your anemone appears to be a gigantea. Do you know for sure whether it is a haddoni or a gigantea? Regardless, they are very light hungry animals, gigantea being the more light hungry of the two. T-5 may sustain a healthy one for a time (I think that's what the previous...
  13. B

"Starting Over" Part 1

Not sure how big the tank is, but, I wouldn't add the cocktail shrimp, and certainly, if you are really set on doing it, not two. Your live rock and sand should do just fine to initiate your cycle.
  14. B

t-6 lights and a carpet anenome?

hahahahahahaha I'm such a nerd. I just realized the date ;)
  15. B

t-6 lights and a carpet anenome?

Hi :) Sounds like you still have quite a bit of research to do. You are smart to start it now. The craziest thing about anemones, is that we know what they like "in general." We have to be prepared for the general needs, but also able/willing to bend to the particular animals needs. This...
  16. B

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Oh, by the way.. that rock in the background of these pics is the rock I got from you LOL These pics were taken right after the rearrange. I think these 3 (clowns and nem) had been in this tank for about 2 days when this pic was taken :) You'd be amazed at how fast they have been growing :)...
  17. B

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Wow- always learn something new... You know more about clowns than they know about themselves I'm sure! I have 2 pairs of your clowns.... One pair has no nem (they are the snowcasso and A+) the other pair has a LTA. Those are an A and a B... The B is GORGEOUS!!! The ones in the LTA are...
  18. B

Types of clowns

btw- national geographic did a 5 or 6 page spread on clownfish this month (Jan) Any hobbiest could have done a better job IMO- but its an OK primer if you're just starting out.... Quick read in the grocery store line :-)
  19. B

180 stocking plan (wish list) :)

I have a 180 work in progress ;-) Aren't they always LOL Anyway, about the smaller fish- I love the smaller fish in my tank!! If they can hold their own, I say go for it LOL That's what this hobby is about for me, the details. I can spend hours watching a coral feed- or odd fish behavior...
  20. B

Nice photos of my 'nem splitting - enjoy!

Very cool pics! How long did the entire process take, start to finish?