Search results

1. ThomastheTexan

10 Years and starting over.

Hello all, I came to reef sanctuary 10 years ago...at that time I had a 300 gallon tank which I ended up selling 8 years ago after a divorce... WELL, I am going to start this 150 Gallon build...it will be delivered on Friday 10/12/2018. I have seen similar threads that I have read over the...
  2. ThomastheTexan

Emergency ich treatment

I have a tang is stress ich over night pretty much a few things No i dont have a medical tank Yes its a reeftank with just polyps and mushrooms and shrimp I am looking for a Good treatment under these conditions ....
  3. ThomastheTexan

Tank cycle

Whats the best way to jump start the tank cycle ?
  4. ThomastheTexan

Lawn mower blennies And hair algae

Does lawnmower blennies do a good job at eating HA if not any suggestions....
  5. ThomastheTexan

Bio plastics

I just start using a phosban reactor with bioplastics in them is there anyone ekse using if so what do u think or what have u heard ?
  6. ThomastheTexan

Help wanted !!!!

My tank isnt drilled so i use a canister filter but it makes some micro bubbles what other inexpensive filtration can i use ????
  7. ThomastheTexan

can we all just get along

so i recently put a yellow tabg in my tank with my sailfin it was rumored that it is impossible but i successfully did it
  8. ThomastheTexan

the chiller

i am debating on whether i should buy an in line chiller or a coil chiller what do yall think?
  9. ThomastheTexan

can anybody tell me what the hell this is

i turned the old flashlight on tonight and found this crab eating my capicorna
  10. ThomastheTexan

refugium or no refugium?

I have successfully ran my tank for quite sometime without a refugium and have never had a problem but i continuously hear people say that they maintain their tanks thanks to a refugium what do yall think
  11. ThomastheTexan

well that black tang

so my dad just got his black tang and now im jealous im gonna load a pic does anyone else have a black tang
  12. ThomastheTexan

A whole new world

i just finished putting in my last piece of coral into my 185g reef and i just wanted to know what everyone thinks fish include 1 desj sailfin tang 1 regal tang 1 madarin 1 royal gramma 2 maroon clown 5 chromis 6 dispar anthias
  13. ThomastheTexan

my 185 gallon reef

i am about to begin my journey to install a 55 gallon sump on my 185 gallon tank i am also gonna hard line in a 1/3 chiller and a uv sterilizer and a refugium,calcium reactor so it will only take me a couple of weeks to finish and once that is installed i will finish re laying my rock to put all...
  14. ThomastheTexan

things that go bump in the night

So my lights have been off for a couple of hours so i took a flashlight to the tank and i saw a WHOLE LOT of copods and some strange very skinny and small worm in the substrate and a couple of bristle worms now im not a vet in the reeftank hobby so i really dont know what to look for i have...
  15. ThomastheTexan

purple algae

i see some reef tanks with lots of coraline algae and i see some reef tanks with none i was wondering what is the best way to promote purple algae
  16. ThomastheTexan

my ph problems

i just tested my tank before the light came on and the alk is at 175ppm and the calcium is at 460 ppm the ph is 8.1 amm 0 nitrates at .5 why is my ph staying so high i keep doing water changes and i even do a gallon exchange everyday
  17. ThomastheTexan

that dang on ph

im having a ph problem i checked it just now and it 8.65/8.7 but everything is acting fine
  18. ThomastheTexan

my tank

i never properly introduced myself but here are some pics of my 185g saltwater tank i just started back putting some reef in it after i came from iraq so hope you like them
  19. ThomastheTexan

gold Squamosa

should i put my clam in the upper portion of my tank or is my 2x400watt mh and 2x100watt compact good enough
  20. ThomastheTexan

rose bubble anemone

i have a bright red rose bubble but it looks more like a rose long tentacle what do i need to do?