Search results

1. Decorahvikes

RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

Re: RSM mods hey I've got a question for you guys. Ok so the 9002 came today and I was taking out the stock skimmer to put in the new one when I thought "wait, what am I going to do for mechanical filtration now?" (seeing as the coarse and fine filter pads sat on top of the stock skimmer...
  2. Decorahvikes

Controlling Caulerpa

It's a 55g reef tank and its about 6-7 months old. I've tried pulling it out by hand but there is a lot in there and I'm just wondering what would take care of it naturally.
  3. Decorahvikes

Controlling Caulerpa

What would do a good job of eating the large amounts of Caulerpa that grow in my tank?
  4. Decorahvikes

aiptasia

i think that it looks kinda cool like you said but I guess I better get rid of it. Yep im in Decorah. It is a pretty cool area.
  5. Decorahvikes

aiptasia

How fast do they spread? Because I've had a big one on a piece of rock for a while and it's the only one that I can see in the tank. BTW I'm in Iowa too!
  6. Decorahvikes

Re: RSM mods Im just curious... How many of you are keeping succesful tanks without doing anything to modify them?
  7. Decorahvikes

Hey everybody!

Lol I'll work on those pics
  8. Decorahvikes

Re: RSM mods Good luck with your sump/fuge reefmack! I'll follow that thread closely...it gives me some good ideas
  9. Decorahvikes

Re: RSM mods If and when I do these mods I'll post pics for sure! I'm getting a 300 gallon tank in about a month and I'll be involved with that for a long time. So we'll see what happens... Mavjoy- I was thinkin of turning that into a fuge too. Do you know how much light chaeto needs?
  10. Decorahvikes

Re: RSM mods Thanks Reefmack! Yeah I've added a Koralia and a Hydor. I also have a Tunze 9002 skimmer on the way. I'm going to try to modify my lights and try to add a sump/fuge.
  11. Decorahvikes

Re: RSM mods original 130
  12. Decorahvikes

Hey I was just wondering what you all have done to modify your RSM. I'm going to (hopefully) do some modifications to mine and I just want to get some ideas. Thanks! P.S. If you could include pics it would help a lot!
  13. Decorahvikes

Hey everybody!

I'll have plenty when the 300g gets here in a month :)
  14. Decorahvikes

Hey everybody!

Hello everbody! My dad and I have had our RSM for about a year and a half and we still have lots of questions. I just found this website the other day and I love the fact that there's a whole RSM owners forum! Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting some help and getting to know everone!