Search results

1. dynamite

Koralias 3,4 vs MaxiJet mod

Recently aquascaped my tank (10min ago) and I believe there's no enough flow. Im using a koralia 3 and 4 Im thinking of getting another koralia 4 but what do you guys think of the Maxijets mod??? Should I replace the koralias for 2 maxijet mod? Ill post a pic of my aquascape soon.
  2. dynamite

Koralias 3,4 vs MaxiJet mod

Double post. sorry.
  3. dynamite

Dynamite's SPS Land

Hi everyone... I tore down the tank I started in october and started all over again, this time with an overflow and sump/fuge and its being going just fine for about 4 to 5 months :drool: The WP are always good and stable and everyone seems to be happy. About the tank: 90G Tank 40G...
  4. dynamite

SOS Calcium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone. Well my problem starts here. I have a 90g and I want my tank to be an SPS paradise but I don't understand anything about calcium. :ponder2: I was going to buy the tests this week but the more I read the more I get confused. My corals are in hold till I know how to keep my...
  5. dynamite

If I find a Bristle Worm I...

Tonight I found my first Bristle worm :rollingey in my fuge (apparently he's pretty small 1" or so) and after reading for a while I concluded that it was ok to have it as a member of my fuge CUC. What do you guys do if you find a Bristle worm???
  6. dynamite

Earth Hour 2009

The Earth Hour is on March 28th, 2009 at 8:30pm local time, wherever you live on planet earth. I will turn my lights off... Will you? For more info, click the link Earth Hour YouTube - Earth Hour 2009
  7. dynamite

My sump and close loop desing (pics)

Hey, Well Im planing of getting a sump but I have lots of doubts O.o Im trying to get my skimmer feed directly from the overflow. I don't know if this is possible kuz I don't want to overfeed my skimmer. My skimmer info: Octopus Recirc 150 - Dual Pump Allows the user to input the...
  8. dynamite

Octopus Skimmer LEAKING S.O.S!!!

Yesterday I got my new octopus skimmer delivered (DDNW 150-6530) and before using it I did a leaking test, and It leaks from everywhere O.o The instructions are not clear... and dont even say where to put the O-rings... I have PVC glue. should I glue everything??? Thanks in advance.
  9. dynamite

Which Actinic???!!! =O

Hi everyone, I have 2 Metal halides (kind of yellow) and 4 white 10k T5'S Before yesterday I got tired of the yellowish look of my tank so I went to my LFS and ask for actinic t5's and they gave me 2, I thought they'll be enough, when I went back home I noticed a minimal difference but still...
  10. dynamite

Dynamite's 90G reef tank

This is my future reef tank (90Gallons) Its being running for about 2 months and 1 week. The lighting system: counts with 2 MH (250k) 4 T5'S and Moonlight Filtration: Marineland Canister Filter C 360 ( it sucks) 60 Pounds of LR 1 False Percula 1 Dottyback ( pretty agressive)...
  11. dynamite

Filter won't stop leaking!!!

I got this Canister filter (Marineland C-360) because the LFS said it was going to wotk perfect for my reef tank (yeah right) the thing is that it wont stop leaking... and it will get worst when I turn off the filter to do the maintenance... I don't know what to do... My carpet is like a pool...
  12. dynamite

Metal halides and water column

Hey again, the thing is that tomorrow Im getting installed my lighting system and I don't know how much space should I leave between the MH and the water column. The guy from my LFS said 14 inches was perfect but I don't trust my LFS at all xD so what do you guys think??? Maurice.
  13. dynamite

Help Skimmer!

Hey, well before I get my skimmer this thursday my question is if I can use an exterior skimmer w/o a sump? If yes, how can I install it. what do you guys think about the Octopus 8" RECIRCULATING protein skimmer (OCT-DNW-200) I have a 90 gallon tank and the skimmer says is up to 300 gallons...
  14. dynamite

Ozonated bottled water

Hi, well this is my first post :yehoo: So my question is if it's fine to fill my aquarium with ozonated bottled water (0.04ppm) I didnt find R/O water anywhere so I decided to fill it with the ozonated. Thank you. P.S: I have a 90 gallon tank cycling for about a month and 2 weeks It will...