Search results

1. calabdiver

wtb a skimmer and other filtrations

I have a skimmer rated for 250 gal in the for sale thread that I was looking to trade for a smaller one
  2. calabdiver

wtb a skimmer and other filtrations

Is you in sump skimmer built in?
  3. calabdiver

My 12gal. Mastercube

Hello again here is a quick update on my tank. Equipment: AP24 150w Sunpod CPR2 Protien Skimmer Substrate: 30+ lbs. of LR 10 lbs. of LS LIvestock: Fish: Pair of False Percs., Coral Beauty, Coral Banded Shrimp, Hermit Crabs, Mexican Turbos. Coral: SPS> Monti Setosa...
  4. calabdiver

Hitchhiker - Long Arm Shrimp

can't make out the detail but from the shape looks like it could be a baby Coral Banded
  5. calabdiver

What are these?

Yep what they said bad stuff there. They are pests and can irritate your corals / kill off zoas they may come in contact with. Also keep an eye on them when using Apastia X I use this as well and find it doesn't always kill them off with the first dose you may have to do it several times.
  6. calabdiver

Duncan coral help

It could be that its settled and happy I noticed a lot of LPS corals tend to stretch out a lot when they are lacking in either nutrition or poor lighing. My Duncan grows short and in a shape of a ball not so much branches. I have had mine for over a year got it with 1 large head and one baby I...
  7. calabdiver

Rimless bio-cube

it is very possible and I did the same thing to my old one. Just be caucious of the heat transfer from the 70w mh I had a 70w sunpod over mine and needed to run a fan to keep temp down.
  8. calabdiver

Free Rose Anemone Sacramento area

I will be in Sacramento on sun. the 11th if you still have some I will take one.
  9. calabdiver

New Corals! and lots of them

I'm interested in the Orange Zoa mix frag and the Lunars pm me with total price please :)
  10. calabdiver

My 12gal. Mastercube

more pics
  11. calabdiver

My 12gal. Mastercube

Sorry for being away for soo... long but here is an update on my tank. Equipment: 12gal. Mastercube, 70w Sunpod, 3 gal. Fuge under tank, DIY Protein Skimmer. Fish: 1 Med. Maroon Clown, 1 Coral Banded Shrimp, 2 Hermits, 30 Lipids Substrate: 16 lbs. Live Rock, 10 lbs. Live Crushed Coral...
  12. calabdiver

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin May I make a suggestion while you are waiting for your scrub to start working get yourself a Sea Hare they are great for hair algae they are like lawn mowers for a fish tank.
  13. calabdiver

Clown Question

sorry didnt mean to post here
  14. calabdiver

My 12gal. Mastercube

New update on my 12 gal. nano I have finally after waiting way too long have purchased a 16.5" 70w Sunpod its fantastic. Also I am getting rid of my Maroon Clown cause he is getting too big for the tank (what a pig). I think I will replace him with two smaller Picasso Clowns what do you think...
  15. calabdiver

LF frags in S.F. bay area

Sure will do I am in Oklahoma at the moment but as soon as I get back I will email you.
  16. calabdiver

Returning to hobby

Oh and please post your test results that will help us help you if there are any problems along the way.
  17. calabdiver

Returning to hobby

The equipment has changed for sure, however the bigging steps have not. I'm sure you have all you need with that setup to get you going on a nice tank. This is a lil redundent but just be patient and let your tank cycle properly. Post pics when you get a chance so we can track your progress :)
  18. calabdiver

Watts

Nice work on the retrofit. IMO yes you should be ok with most corals however it looks like you do not have any type of reflector behind your bulbs I would suggest going to your local hardware store and picking up some sheet metal with a shinny finish to get maximum results from your lights. I...
  19. calabdiver

Is adding live sand to established tank bad?

more than likely yes, you added new bacteria and organisms to the tank by adding the sand so your tank will go into cycle mode again. It tends to happen whenever you do anything drastic. Double your water changes and you should be fine.
  20. calabdiver

reef light??

I have seen people keep some nice corals with stock lighting the only thing I would change is one 50/50 to be solid white cfl but thats just my opinion.