Search results

1. reefs reefs

BAMBOO SHARK CAN IT BE DONE (120 gallon)

I have a 120 gallon wide take and is connected into a 100 gallon vat of water. I was wondering sense there is a lot of sand than normal cause it is a wide take could i keep one of these. I have no small fish
  2. reefs reefs

Dr.Foster And Smith

Has anyone been to the dr.fster and smith pet store
  3. reefs reefs

Does Anybody Have A Powder Blue Tang Succsess Story's

I was interested in hearing some story's about the powder blue tang I just bought one from the pet store and wanted to see if anybody had some tips or tricks.
  4. reefs reefs

What Do You Guys Think About A Green House Frag Area!!!!

I was wanting to build a green house in the back yard but was not sure in if it would be successful. I want to see how much the corals will grow under natural lighting rather than MH. Now i live in Michigan and the winters here are pretty crazy but i coould bring them into the house or put a...
  5. reefs reefs

What would be the idel fish list in a 120

I have a 120 gallon reef tank water is great. A 100 gallon Rubbermaid refgu. and then that leads to a 305 gallon water filtration a skimmer. So far i have the following. 2 maroon clown fish 1 bartlet athn. 1 lawmower blenny 1 maderain goby 1 watchman goby I would love to have to...
  6. reefs reefs

how to get ammoina out of my tank

anybody no how to get amm. out of the tank.
  7. reefs reefs

Austin's 230 gallon reef tank.

Well I have been asked to start a forum about my tank at home. LOL never done this before but im going to give it a shot. Im 17 years old and started handling my own salt water tank when i was 10. Now mind you none of my family had a fish tank or even thought of having a fish tank so I had to...
  8. reefs reefs

Just got a new rose

I just got a New rose anem. I love it it is so cool i got excited and picked up a anem. crab to go inside of it the clown fish have not really taken to it yet but are curious the big one keeps going up to and sucking on the tenticles IDK if this is normal he is not bitting them off just putting...
  9. reefs reefs

A Cool Frag Tank Idea

Tomorrow i will be setting up a coral prorogation tank. I have a 100 gallon refug. With a 150 watt. MH pointing right on it. I have another 150 watt. MH just sitting there so i got some egg crate and im on half of the top portion of the refug. im going to cut it and put it about 5-6 in below the...
  10. reefs reefs

What in your wallet?

I was wondering how the economy is effecting everybody else here. Have you had to cut back on your fish stock less trips to the lfs or what. 17 years old just worrying about the economy and fellow hobbyist. I myself have had to cut back. Is it as bad as i think it is?
  11. reefs reefs

Anybody want to play guess the worm LOL please help

I dont really no have to describe it but here is what has been going on. I have never been able to keep zoo's i have more than enough lighting and everything. But i was looking at my tank with a flash light and found a worm on it. It kinda looks like a Bristal worm but then i looked again its...
  12. reefs reefs

Are there any marine biologist out there.

I have a school project that i have to do on what i would like to do when i graduate high school. I was wondering if there was any marine biologist in these forurms and if so could you tell me what you had to do to get there and what a typical work day is like thank you
  13. reefs reefs

The LFS just ripped me off is this a derasa clam

I will have pics up in a day so stay tuned i went to the fish store today and bought a clam which i thought to be a derasa clam but now i think he sold me a crocea he sold it to me for forty bucks. But the thing is is that i only have t-5 high out puts running the tank huh got to love those...
  14. reefs reefs

Calling All Zoa Collecters

I have never had much luck with keeping these guys in the tank don't no why. so I decided to give it a closer look. Water quality is great. 120 gallon with a 100 refg. I have t-5 high out puts on there 2 whit 2 blue 15k. Here is my problem the polyps always extend up about one inch. so i...
  15. reefs reefs

Decided to keep the suncoral

Any body got any suggestions on the feeding and what they feed and current. I have been trying to bast it with mysis and it has a little bit of current does it need to be a strong current. I no this is not the easiest coral to keep but am up to the challenge.
  16. reefs reefs

Help Help Help Sundial Snail Infestation

What do i do about this i was looking at my tank last night and found one sun dial snail and took a closer look at the the rock and about 150 lbs of the rock is ingested with these what do i do
  17. reefs reefs

Have trouble getting my zoo's to grow.

I dont no what im doing wrong I have t5 high out put 2 white 2 blue. 120 gallon reef with a 100 gallon refuge. euro skimmer water quality is great. lights are on about 6 to 7 hours a day any ideas.
  18. reefs reefs

Whats you fish tank life like

I thought i should post something were people can talk about what there feeding habits are I would like to make up a Feeding/cleaning schedule. I no there are people out there who mess with there tanks everyday. Plus im sure there are some really good ideas out there. ok people lets here em.
  19. reefs reefs

Has anyone tried to keep an octopus

I want to keep one but dont no if they r to hard to keep. I have 6 years experience in salt water what do you guys think tank size and all that stuff
  20. reefs reefs

Ok T-5 v.s M.H round one ding ding

What do you guys think about this there has been a lot of different takes on this subject what do you guys think.