Search results

1. mantid

How long? flatworm control

How long does it take "Flatworm Control" to take effect?
  2. mantid

return pump for 130 gal tank.

I have a 130 gal frag tank that needs a return pump. How many GPH does it need to be? The surface of the sump water will only be about 3' feet below the surface of the tank its self.
  3. mantid

What is this?

I agree, not a frogspawn but hammer!
  4. mantid

Trying to find some EggCrate

I went to Home Depot and asked for egg crate as well and they didnt know what I was talking about. I found it myself and sure enouph, on the little price tag sticker it said in bold letters "Egg Crate"!
  5. mantid

question about price of halide lights

I have not purchased it yet. I'm trying to get imput from you people that use MH lights first to see if im getting a good deal.
  6. mantid

I found this photo on marine depot and it's made by IceCap
  7. mantid

looks a lot like this:
  8. mantid

only thing is that the reflectors are just thin sheet metals and have no "splash guard" under the bulb. When I looked up MH lights online I only see thick black fixtures, is that only for cosmetics?
  9. mantid

I went to a garage sale today and found metal halide fixture/ballast/bulb for $100. They have never been used and they are 250W. Is this a good deal? He said the bulbs are 65k spectrum. I have never dealt in metal halide before so just wasn't sure.
  10. mantid

New Addition, Rare coral?

It might just be the photos but it looks like the hammers were already receding before they were shipped to you. The skeleton looks a little dark as if algae got to it. The skeleton should be pure white if this just happen during shipping.
  11. mantid

Crushed coral and live sand

By underground filter do you mean under the tank or under gravel?
  12. 14_1_

14_1_

13. mantid

June '09 POTM Contest~

my entry
  14. mantid

Petco premiom marine salt mix?

I know Petco is not the best place to shop when it comes to reef stuff. I did find some "Petco premiom marine salt mix" for only $45/bucket. Does anyone know if it's any good. I was reading alot about different marine salts and it seems that most are very comparible so I wasn't sure if this...
  15. mantid

Thank you

Welcome! have you started anything yet? pictures?
  16. mantid

Flatworms!!!!

I agree! I had a flatworm problem as well. it got so bad i could not even see some of my rock because they were so thick. I got a six line wrasse and it got every single one of the flatworms! I have yet to see a single flatworm in my tank since. Im sure the chemicals that kill them work just as...
  17. mantid

Hi, Remember me?

Can you post an old photo to show the difference?
  18. mantid

ozone

I recently went to a presentation on reef keeping and one of the speekers breifly discussed adding ozone as a form of "filtration". Does anyone here do this and if so could you show how you have it set up. I have read about it but just cant see it in my head. Do you notice a difference? Any...
  19. mantid

hi all

Hey, welcome to the forum! It's a good place to get all your questions answered when you stumble across a problem along the way.
  20. mantid

Not so beautiful hitch hikers, ideas?

First one looks like a small aptasia. The second pic is a button polyp. The last one I will leave to someone else.