1. mrfishy

December POTM Contest!

red spot cardinals ho ho ho !!
  2. mrfishy

I got bored :)

thanks for sharing stunning photos :D
  3. mrfishy

drews reef

thanks for the kind comments system is 120 us gallons mainly sps been running since june this year fish wise yellow, kole, brown powder tang coral beauty, scarlet hawk, 2 x anthias, mandarin, 2x percs, 6x red spot cardinals, and a cleaner wrasse cheers drew
  4. mrfishy

drews reef

hi not posted anything on my new tank since i closed my red sea back in june
  5. mrfishy

Vortech MP40W Gen2...

i only have lps and sps in the tank except xenia but not by choice, i just cant stop it growing :surrender: :surrender: the sps love the high flow but with carefull rockwork you can protect the lps that don't like the high flow although after a while they get used to it
  6. mrfishy

Vortech MP40W Gen2...

i've got an mp20 and an mp40 either end of a 130, my sps corals love it !!!!
  7. mrfishy

How much evaporation in an RSM 130D?

getting through 5ltrs per day !!!!!!!
  8. mrfishy

Setting up my RSM Refugium

just a quick update tank running great without the skimmer box, i am running the vortech very shallow about 1.5 inches off the surface in pulse mode full blast this gives a huge amount of surface movement, my 15 sps corals are enjoying the new light with amazing colours developing !!. had to...
  9. mrfishy

Wills 130D with lifereef and sump

great job Will !!!!!! your setup looks fantastic, i saw this red sea in the flesh some weeks ago and the rock work was very well done plenty of high areas for sps frags !! this tank has more gadgets than mine !!!!. thanks for the mention on the light build but you have developed it on from...
  10. mrfishy

i decided to give the skimmer box up and use original grate then relying on lifereef box to set the water level, the light and flow are so much better without it !! have also modded the back section with the old front flap of my old hood, i think it tidy's the back up quite well the giesemann...
  11. mandarin_small

mandarin_small

12. mrfishy

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

thanks reefmack, he came out to pose tonight !!
  13. mrfishy

hope you like this one !!!! cheers drew
  14. mrfishy

thanks guys will take it out and see what happens, just hope the surface will stay clear ! changing lights again this week. got a geisemann 250w halide with compact t5 actinics. my red sea is going mostly sps now so thought i would try the halide route, although they are going to have to go...
  15. mrfishy

hi folk sump been running a couple of weeks now just wondering if any of you using the lifereef box are also using the new surface skimmer box from red sea or are you using the standard combe and relying on the lifereef box for setting the level ? i am using both and it works very well but...
  16. mrfishy

Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, etc.

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, hi reefmack yes you will need the extension also unless you water level can go very high but i think your sump is not deep enough also the extension kit works great and it also helps getting rid of bubbles as...
  17. mrfishy

Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, etc.

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, hi reefmack the photo makes it look a lot closer, the scolly is much further forward than the sun will get those measurements for you later today cheers drew
  18. mrfishy

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, got this shot tonight with the lights out, but desperate to get a tripod for camera
  19. mrfishy

Vortech MP20 in the RSM

hi marty wouldn't move anything for a while, my torch got blown to bits and closed up for two days but got used to the extra flow and is now growing like mad they are expensive but ithink you will find it was a good investment cheers drew
  20. mrfishy

this is off a pdf from tunze Technical data - Comline DOC Skimmer 9005, recommended for aquariums up to 500 litres (132 USgal.) of salt water. 230V/50Hz (115V/60Hz) 12 W Water throughput: 800 l/h (211 USgal./h) Air capacity: 500 l/h (132 USgal./h). i was advised to go for the next...