Search results

1. JNicho

Giesemann AquaPink T5

OK...the new AquaPink bulbs have arrived and been installed...I have a unique setup that has allowed me to place an AP bulb in a fixture right next to one running a Fiji Purple...to my eye I do not see any difference in color or intensity comparing the AP to the FP...I can't give a rave review...
  2. JNicho

Marco Rocks

LOL! It was/is for a build of several separate systems that will be well over 500 gallons when it's all done.
  3. JNicho

Giesemann AquaPink T5

Well I went ahead and ordered some...we'll see what happens...let you know what I think when they get here.
  4. JNicho

Giesemann AquaPink T5

I think I may just have to take the plunge and be the guinea pig...I need to order some other stuff anyway.
  5. JNicho

Giesemann AquaPink T5

Giesemann has a new bulb called Aquapink...it's suppose to compare/compete with the KZ Fiji Purple...anybody used one? If so how does it compare to the Fiji? TIA
  6. JNicho

Marco Rocks

The "no rubble" part is amazing...I ordered 400lbs not long ago...no joke I bet I had 5 pieces of rubble out of 8 boxes...many of the pieces where so large I had to break them into smaller ones.
  7. JNicho

Loc-line Tricks ???

I got tired of fighting with loc-line...plumbed everything in rigid PVC, LOL!
  8. JNicho

Wont get big

That may be your biggest problem right there...a single normal output strip will not keep much in the way of photosynthetic life alive.
  9. JNicho

Thinking of Blue Jaw Trigger

I've I'm not mistaken most any trigger will eat snails, crabs, and ornamental shrimp.
  10. JNicho

What find of powerhead should i use?

Vortech are hard to beat, but the price difference is quite substantial...the Hydor Flo's will not fit the "propeller type" power heads so don't worry about those...if you're on a budget a couple of Koralia's on either end pointed at each other will do a pretty good job.
  11. Maxima Clam

Maxima Clam

12. JNicho

November POTM Contest~

Hey I have one of those, so I'll play along!
  13. JNicho

dumb question lol

Seems like a lot to me too...I would be afraid of them starving over time...I have maybe 30 snails in my 125 for comparison.
  14. JNicho

One last Aquapod question...

I've run a lot of nano cubes (still have two AP24's) and I've learned the hard way to not run anything in the back...no balls, no rock/rubble, etc. ALL of it collects junk and causes problems down the road...all I run these days is a little floss and occasional chemical media...and the floss...
  15. JNicho

New tank - have questions - need ideas

I don't see any issue with just "Teeing" off of one of the drains...I have a drain Tee'd and valved...I can control the flow on one side of the Tee and everything else flows on to the sump. I do sense one thing here that concerns me...and that is that you are thinking about getting all your...
  16. JNicho

Wont get big

Any ammonia reading indicates a problem IMO...how old is the tank and has anything died recently? SG is pretty low for inverts...more like 1.025-.026 would be considered ideal...but as stated raise it very slowly...the shock from a fast change can be far worse than being low or high...also how...
  17. JNicho

a good 29g fish

We have a Diadema Psuedochromis and a Purple Psuedochromis in a couple of our nano's...pretty cheap and colorful fish and they stay out a fair bit...I like jawfish and gobies, but many I've had quite a few that stay hidden a lot...the Pygmy Angel is also very colorful and cheap, and have the...
  18. JNicho

Orange Tube and GBTA

Oh, and here is a video of my tank that has a nice shot of the tube nem if you're interested. Reef-a-holic
  19. JNicho

Orange Tube and GBTA

It's non-photosynthetic so it prefers a more "shady" location...it needs several inches of sand to bury it's "foot/tube" in...otherwise it's pretty easy...it eats like a pig...pretty much any kind of meaty food...one thing I learned the hard way was that peppermint shrimp love the taste of it...
  20. JNicho

Nori Seaweed ??

I use nori sheets from the grocery store and my tangs got nuts for it...just get the plain old green ones...and make sure they are not flavored.