Search results

1. D

Worm taking sand

Anyone know what this is. Worm Video It still may be uploading depending on how fast you read this. =)
  2. D

Red Slime/Hair like algae

First my tank is 2/3 months old. All levels are great. I use chemipure and purigen going on to the 3rd month with them. Over the past week I have gotten red slime/hair like algae not in clumps just extending from different locations around the tank. They extend about 4-5 inches and when i...
  3. D

Green Star Polyps = Sad X-Mas

I will try to be detailed to prevent the simple questions. Let me start off with the tank -Born October 29, 2008 -34 Gal Red Sea Max -Chemipure Elite(2months) -Purigen(2months) -Skimmer as most know is meh at best. -Water changes every 7-9 days (4 gallons = 10%) -dose only Alk and...
  4. D

2 Months and just found crab. ID pls.

After 2 months of having the tank set up I went through a emerald green crab and returned him. I did not notice this crab till today when I added a mandarin to the tank and he swam to the back of the tank and hid under a rock. So I looked from the side of the tank and see a leg moving. I run to...
  5. D

Cabbage and Devils hand issues.

Let me start by saying my uncle has a 150 gallon tank that we cut up some pieces since things are going pretty rapidly. His readings were very different than mine so for all the corals that where added I took about 1-2 hrs to move them over. All are well except 2 pieces and wanted to make sure...
  6. D

Clown fish getting black spots

I have 2 clown fish in a 34 gallon tank. All levels are perfect growth on corals and good algae. I have a few corals including hammer, octospawn, star polyps, mushroom, pink buttons, devils hand new frag, gorg frag, and a few more that slip my mind right now. When I first got the clowns all...
  7. D

RSM 130: Water Flow Issues/Questions

Currently I'm running the stock skimmer with Chemi-pure on top of the skimmer pump. I use Purigen on top of the skimmer which will be discussed later. The black pad has been cut in half for flow purpose. I no longer run the white pad although I will be doing so again when I go to reorganize the...
  8. D

Bad Starfish?

I have heard of starfish who eat coral any idea on these little guys?
  9. D

Bad emerald crab?

Over the past week I added my yellow polyps, a few snail, a mushroom which I removed a day after I obtained it, a red hermit crab which was locked shell to shell with my blue hermit for about 3 days and has now they swapped shells with eachother. Let me start with the yellow polyps. I got...
  10. D

Worms

This is a worm moving across the rock. 1st time I notice him was today had the tank set up for going on 3 weeks. All of a sudden now I see about 4--7 of them. Zoomed in Any ideas?
  11. D

RSM: Surface Skimmer

Anyone heard any word about the surface skimmer. I like having my 130D to the top and now it needs some more action cause of the residue on the surface. I do have pumps mixing it up.
  12. D

Red Sea Max Reef Janitors

So here goes my on going questions cause I'm bored at work and everyone has there opinion which makes keeping such a tank fun. :threadjack: My tank is passing the first week with no noticeable levels to this point. I have some algae starting to grow plus the very wierd green algae that...
  13. D

Moonlights

How long do you leave your Moonlights on? I have seen places where some people leave them on 24 hrs and some that turn them on and off 2 Hrs before/after regular lighting cycle. Whats your take?
  14. D

Reef Science hitchhikers please ID **large images**

Hello all just got my live rock in from ReefScience.com 30 pounds Indo rock to be exact. A little help on ID of some of the extra life I found would be very helpful. IMAGE 1 There are 3 of these brown polyps in the tank as well as the green/brown one to the left of the 2 pictured here...
  15. D

2nd Timer

Hello all this is my second time to the reefing world. First was about 8 years ago when I had a 55 Gallon and now I am attepting to get my ffet off the ground soon with a Red Sea Max 130D. Hopefully it will be an interesting ride for me and my wife and kid. I would like to thank everyone in...
  16. D

Getting new RSM need some help please.

Hello all, I haven't had a reef tank for about 5-8 years(55 gal.) and now I am returning. I am looking to get my hands on a RSM 130D. I have seen the faults with the original 130 but the wife is sold on the clean look and design. I am located in Staten Island NY and still remember how...