Search results

1. D

Worm taking sand

Yea I saw it as I was about to leave the house. Grabbed the camera and recorder and uploaded as I was leaving so it was not compressed.
  2. D

Worm taking sand

Anyone know what this is. Worm Video It still may be uploading depending on how fast you read this. =)
  3. D

Red Slime/Hair like algae

From doing some background searches I came to that conclusion as well my issue is 1 is this something to just sit and wait out or 2 is there something that I should do/ stop doing. I have been dosing coral accel, calcium, and dKH. everything else has been 9-10 hour lighting. Have great coraline...
  4. D

Red Slime/Hair like algae

First my tank is 2/3 months old. All levels are great. I use chemipure and purigen going on to the 3rd month with them. Over the past week I have gotten red slime/hair like algae not in clumps just extending from different locations around the tank. They extend about 4-5 inches and when i...
  5. D

Green Star Polyps = Sad X-Mas

Sorry for the long time. Over the holiday only about 4-5 polyps opened in random places on the mat itself. Which probly means only 4% opened. Dunno weather to let those pieces grow. They dont look to happy they are very small polyps I will take a picture Wed. when I am home and the lights are on.
  6. D

"Tank raised" a store can tell you anything but he is eating Mysis shrimp. Found out when I went to feed my Clowns.
  7. D

I will try to be detailed to prevent the simple questions. Let me start off with the tank -Born October 29, 2008 -34 Gal Red Sea Max -Chemipure Elite(2months) -Purigen(2months) -Skimmer as most know is meh at best. -Water changes every 7-9 days (4 gallons = 10%) -dose only Alk and...
  8. D

2 Months and just found crab. ID pls.

No I shipping him off to my friends sump since I don't have one. I have a pair of chop-sticks with a rock in the back and rubberband so I can grab him without hurting hopefully.
  9. D

AHHHH relieved I was gonna redo the rock-work tomorrow during the day. Lights were out and moonlights on when I look to the tank and see the little bugger making his way up my candy-cane so I took the chance to get him with a nice pair of chop sticks. Sharp claws and a decent size for not...
  10. D

After 2 months of having the tank set up I went through a emerald green crab and returned him. I did not notice this crab till today when I added a mandarin to the tank and he swam to the back of the tank and hid under a rock. So I looked from the side of the tank and see a leg moving. I run to...
  11. D

Getting new RSM need some help please.

Being sick at work fails. "My future purchases are gonna be a few mushrooms, frogspawn, and for the upper portion possible a frogspawn" was suppose to be xenia. But not sure if its a good idea with how fast i hear them grow. Anyone have an idea about how ofter you cut them back. I need to...
  12. D

if im not mistaken you can just use a sharp knife and cut the mat they spread. The reason why we have all of those is cause of the wife. She likes the waving. I think I may stick with the polyps. My future purchases are gonna be a few mushrooms, frogspawn, and for the upper portion possible a...
  13. D

Update... Got some frags from my uncle. Some couldn't stay as I didn't want to go over the top to much since I was having issues with a cabbage which you will see and a devils hand. Star Polyps got them at LFS cheap left over item before Frag Swap in NY. I got them and they were ok nothing...
  14. D

slug looking things

I have my tank set up for 2 months and have about 50 easy ranging from a grain of rice to a few nearing the size of a nickel. In my 34g I have 2 turbos, 2 red crabs and them. They make up the cuc. Haven't seen the hermits get at them though.
  15. D

Hammer Corals.... what's your experience with them?

I got a frag for about 20 bucks. My wifes choice as well as an octospawn. All of which are same family. I would have to say very easy to keep. I keep it with enough water current to just move the tenticles nothing over the top. Tank is just 2 months old. He shrivels up at night and during the...
  16. D

Cabbage and Devils hand issues.

I got them about 10 days ago. My levels are 0 across the ammonia, nitrate, nitrite and phos. Calcium 450, kh is 10 all in range. Salinity is at 1.025 and temp is at 78-80. I have seen consistent coraline grown, and polyp growth my octospawn and hammers drags I have are doing great. All corals...
  17. D

Cabbage and Devils hand issues.

Let me start by saying my uncle has a 150 gallon tank that we cut up some pieces since things are going pretty rapidly. His readings were very different than mine so for all the corals that where added I took about 1-2 hrs to move them over. All are well except 2 pieces and wanted to make sure...
  18. D

Clown fish getting black spots

I have 2 clown fish in a 34 gallon tank. All levels are perfect growth on corals and good algae. I have a few corals including hammer, octospawn, star polyps, mushroom, pink buttons, devils hand new frag, gorg frag, and a few more that slip my mind right now. When I first got the clowns all...
  19. D

RSM 130: Water Flow Issues/Questions

Currently I'm running the stock skimmer with Chemi-pure on top of the skimmer pump. I use Purigen on top of the skimmer which will be discussed later. The black pad has been cut in half for flow purpose. I no longer run the white pad although I will be doing so again when I go to reorganize the...
  20. D

Bad Starfish?

These are green for the most part.