Search results

1. tyleratl

Scratched RSM 250

I recently bought a used Red Sea Max 250 that had some scratches that I thought that I could buff out with cerium oxide. Unfortunately, it only seemed to make the scratches worse. Other than this, the tank is in excellent condition. I decided to put it into operation and just try to get over...
  2. tyleratl

My Red Sea Max 130 now on Ebay

Well, my new 90 gallon tank is up and running. I've drained the Red Sea Max and have listed it on Ebay for local pickup in Atlanta. The Ebay listing number is 270457369564.
  3. tyleratl

Selling my Red Sea Max 130

Well, I can no longer resist the urge to move up to a larger reef tank! My Red Sea Max has worked so well that there is no more room for anything else. I love the idea of an RSM 250, but I figure that I should now buy the largest tank that will fit in my condo. I've decided on an Oceanic 90...
  4. tyleratl

Suggestions on new fish for RSM 130

I want a new fish, but can't decide which one. I would love a powder blue tang, but that is out of the question due to the tank size. I thought about a bi-color angel or a yellow pygmy angel, but am unsure if these are really reef-safe. I want something with brilliant color and something a...
  5. tyleratl

The Quarantine Tank Continuous Operation

Re: My First Quarantine Tank I have a 34 gallon reef tank and have a Eclipse 12 gallon tank that I wish to set up as a QT tank. I would like to run it continuously as a standby tank in case of illness and to quarantine new purchases. I've read quite a bit on the QT process, but still have...
  6. tyleratl

Discontinue the Fluval 205?

Hey.. I was wondering what you guys think about keeping vs. removing the Fluval 205. I know some of you removed them from service due to the nitrate content. I have removed the majority of the mechanical filtration from the Fluval 205 and now have just a couple of pads, some Chemi-Pure...
  7. tyleratl

Red Sea Max Website Updated!

Check out the new Red Sea Max website with the new 250! http://www.redseamax.com
  8. tyleratl

BTA found inside the RSM filter!

I just got back from out of town. My neighbor had been adding water and food for me. I looked around and couldn't find one of my two rose Bubble Tip Anemones. I couldn't find him, but noticed something on the RSM water intake grate. Sure enough, 95% of the BTA was already inside the filter...