Search results

1. prow

who will win the superbowl

SUPER BOWL 43 CARDINALS VS STEELERS
  2. prow

I Think I Might Have A Problem...........

hello everyone:hallo: i was just thinking how my recent purchase must look to none reefers.. i spent $100.00 on snails:drunk: and i dont really need them, but then again i do:) thinking back before i really got into reef tanks i would have never thought i would spend $100.00 on snails that i...
  3. prow

i want to find out what the average age of RS members is.

hey everyone i was just wondering what the average age was here ar RS, maybe the powers that be already have the answer so, travis or others, give it up :whip: , if you got it:D so until then a poll is in order:clink:
  4. prow

The part of the hobby i hate--(dieing fish)

hey everyone, well over the past few month i have started to lose things, death related things:tears: and there will be more soon, i am so hating it..recent list of deaths in my tank; Tridacna crocea clam blue one....6years old Tridacna crocea clam green one...6years old soon to follow in...
  5. prow

Simpsons Vs South Park

hello everyone, ok its battle time SIMPSON'S VS SOUTH PARK PICK YOUR POISON??
  6. prow

reeflux 250w MH, where to buy???

hello everyone. its time to get some new bulbs and i want reeflux 10k but not sure where to buy them? so where do you guys and girls buy your reeflux bulbs??
  7. prow

green thumb or wet thumb?

hello everyone, i am wondering how my fellow reefers do with growing things not under water:) i can grow almost anything under water, but even the hardiest of house plants are not safe in my hands. so how does everyone else fair?
  8. prow

cleaning the closet, lots for sale, great prices..come and get it.

hello everyone, I am cleaning the closet, under the bed, behind the wood shed. Everything must go. The prices are without shipping and if there are parts needed for anything I will make note of it, no note nothing missing:D I am selling all this cheap so get what you want before its gone:)...
  9. prow

WOW, look at my tank:D

hello peoples:hallo: this is a belated start to my clam tank, but do pics of things along the way. the transfer over from my old system was a rough one. more because of other things going on in my life (good kinda stuff:) ) while setting up this tank. my old tank was running with Ca reactor and...
  10. prow

hey everyone, missed you guys/girls.

so how is everyone:wave: . my computer died and i just built a new one so you know, i have lots of pics coming up from my clam tank:D the chronicle is in the works:yup: well just wanted to say, HEY!!!! i will talking to ya. P.S. i will get to those PM's soon, some now:)
  11. prow

muffler needed for ASM G4xx skimmer

hey everyone. getting close to finishing my tank upgrade. i have the ASM G4xx skimmer with sedra 1500gph NW. i love how it performs. this bad boy rocks that is for sure. the only thing is the air intake is LOUD. there has got o be a muffler or something i can DIY to help with the sucking noise...
  12. prow

blue neon goby (Elacatinus oceanops), life expectancy?

ok, just how long do these guys live? i have had mine for 2 years and its fatter than ever. i heard they live only a year or so. now that mine is over 2 years i wondering if anyone knows how long they live. or if you have had one or know of anyone that has had one for 3+ years?
  13. prow

overflow prevention, auto topoff system. is there a better way?

evaluate hey all. a little up date before getting into my overflow prevention setup. i am getting close to completing my new 180gal. the tank has water rock, sand and a few PH's. temp and salinity are the only things monitored. its been running for a just over a month now. i have been using...
  14. prow

Marine Aquarium Expo 2008'(MAX)-pic and review.

first sorry for the pic, just got the camera and only read on part of the manual before shotting these. also i edited some with only increasing the sharp image, normal window tools used. after looking at them, should of left them alone :hammerhea
  15. prow

plumbing question?

:wave: well i am almost finished building my sumps. have all the pieces cut and ready to go. still need to drill it and add bulkheads for my external pumps. but before i do anything else i wanted to get any thoughts on possible issues or better ideas with connecting them. some info...
  16. prow

new members converstion, FO to reef with softies

hey everyone, Aqualady is planning on reefing out her old tank.:whstlr: she posted this in the newbie section but i thought she would get more suggestions on equipment and other options on/during this convertion. like changing out the bio ball and substrate, sump/refugium powerheads and...
  17. prow

"Loce" it or "Luce" it, lets clear this up.

hey everyone. well, while posting in a thread, that of course had nothing to do with this topic and thanks to my notorious typing skills, kathywithbirds and i confussed our selves and got things all mixed up and we (at least me) are lost. so i thought, Hey Let's put it to a vote:D
  18. prow

external or submersible pump???

hey everyone. i am planning on building and fiq out all the plumbing for my sump/refugium this week. i have made many designs but can not get around my pump choices. so to get things rolling i need to decide, external or submersible pump. i have two overflows and will be running two return...
  19. prow

fish/sea slang, what say you?????

hey everyone :nekid: lol, ok i was just thinking how many sayings there are related to fish stuff. just wanted to hear what fish slang you guy/girls use or have heard. i will start. there are plenty of fish in the sea. or going fishing:faces: . or "shrimp" ok so what fish/sea...
  20. prow

RO/DI-kalk reactor auto top off plans. what do ya think?

hello everyone:hallo: i am getting ready to setup my auto topoff system. i am thinking of running the RO/DI unit to a 5gal~ish storage tank, placed on the ground, using a regular float valve for control topping it off. then use a aqualifter pump to pump from teh 5gal tank to another storage...