Search results

1. ieatcoral

Protein Skimmer - Air Valve question

I am new to using a protein skimmer and was wondering if its better to have the air valve closed or open. When i took off the cap it seemed to be more action going on. lol obviously im new at this
  2. ieatcoral

EcoSystem Hang on Back Wet/Dry System w fuge

Hey all, I have a 20 gal reef set up and have basic filtration right now with a skimmer. I saw this product on dr f&s's site EcoSystem Hang on Back Wet/Dry System thats comes with a fuge and lighting for it. It seems like this would be a perfect fit however i am still pretty new and have...
  3. ieatcoral

UV Sterilizer (green killing machine)

I was looking for a way to help stop algea growth and came up on some info(not much) on uv sterilizers. Would this be a worth investment? I read the articles on their home page but I would like general "real" feedback. Thanks reefers!
  4. ieatcoral

ick and corals

Well it happened to me again. I had ick a couple months ago. I was told ick will last upto 45 days for marine ick. Well I think i couldnt wait and lasted till day 39..40...anyways I medicated the tank (20 gal) when i had it the first time, did a 50% water change and so on..lost all my...
  5. ieatcoral

dying corals

Hi all, I have a 2 gal nano tank that I was using to grow small corals then place them into my bigger tank, but then the other day they were acting real weird and closing on me the whole day. I check all levels and they were reading fine, the next morning i decided to check the salinity and it...
  6. ieatcoral

cloudy tank

Well, I have had my tank running for about 3 1/2 months now. Went through some changes in live stock, got ICK and killed my fish, tons of water changes and now all I have is a choc chip starfish. For the last 4 days my tank has clouded up! I changed the foam in the filter one day, carbon the...
  7. ieatcoral

dying fish!!!!

my tank got marine ick the other month...more so 5 weeks. Unfortuntely all my fish died. I medicated the tank and then some, 50% water change. Everything I researched I did. I put 3 damsels in 3 days ago after testing the water for basics. My ph-8.2, no2 no3 - basically nothing, no amonia...
  8. ieatcoral

sick goldfish!!!

I have had my goldfish for about 4 1/2 years. Pretty big and awesome! However 4 days ago, my heater in my 55 gal tank broke. I only have the heater for the shark i have (he poses no threat to the goldfish) now I came home and the heater was shattered and now know to spend the extra $ on a...
  9. ieatcoral

flame angel might be sick

My flame angel is mostly active during the day. Today he has been "hiding" in the live rock cave i made and not coming out. He seems to be sick. I All levels seem to be fine. temp-80 ph - 8.2 0 no2 & no3...any suggestions?
  10. ieatcoral

Ch chip starfish and a featherduster

Hey yall, I am a semi-new fish enthusiast and decided to go salt water a couple months ago. After I cycled the tank I decided to go with couple clown fish, flame angel and I picked up a chocolate chip starfish and was wondering if he would eat a featherduster? Now I know the starfish will eat...