Search results

1. LionFish

LionFish

2. Smokin Reefs

February '09 POTM Contest

not sure why it looks so pale in the gallery, but this is what it should look like.
  3. Orange_Trachy_contest

Orange_Trachy_contest

4. Smokin Reefs

Take PRO pics for $6

Here is on i shot at an LFS with an off camera flash No spatula, but the same effect. and another one, but not nearly as cool as the first...i did a horrible amount of PS on this one to get rid of crap on the glass and floaters...owell...would have been a cool shot.
  5. Smokin Reefs

Anyone need anything made out of pyrex?

Do you think its possible to make a dropper with a larger bell shape at the bottom. Something that could go around, say a dendro polyp, or scoly mouth, and protect it long enough from flow and other hungry critters? Something ive wanted for a long time, but never knew anyone who could make...
  6. Purple and Green Hammer

Purple and Green Hammer

November Constest Entry
  7. Smokin Reefs

A little perspective

Sorry ive been MIA for so long. Busy time of year for me at work. I just got my new tank last week, 300 gallon starphire tank from marineland. Should have the system up and running in a few months, ill post pics along the way. Few people wanted to see FTS, well dont really have any...
  8. Smokin Reefs

Clowning around...

I open the flap on my nano all the fish come up like clock work.
  9. Smokin Reefs

Clowning around...

I was sitting at the dinner table...yes there is a tank there too and decided to grab my camera...its only a 6 gallon nano, but i was amazed by a couple of the pics that came out... by FAR my favorite fish pic ive taken to date....fish arent one of my strong points...
  10. Smokin Reefs

Dendrophyllia sp care and tips

They need to be fed meaty foods atleast 2x a week IMHO. You can do less, but keep an eye on their base flesh. If they arent getting enough it will start to recede.
  11. Smokin Reefs

Take PRO pics for $6

ahh back from the lake...sorry for the delay... My camera rig is a Nikon D300 w/ a tamron 90mm 1:1 macro lens. Im telling you, the FTS would be a gross disappointment... But i will give in... Next time ive got my camera out down there ill shoot one anyways.
  12. Smokin Reefs

Take PRO pics for $6

Heres a with and without...my light meter got a little wacky when i changed the amount of light available but...oddly enough the spatula directed more light back at the subject...
  13. Smokin Reefs

Take PRO pics for $6

a tripod can be pretty cheap...thats always the first place to start
  14. Smokin Reefs

Take PRO pics for $6

Ok, i managed to find the perfect tool for the average photographer to get pro quality pics for about $6. Tons of people have asked me how to get only the coral to be lit and have an all black (or nearly black) background. This normally takes several pieces of equipment, and open top of...
  15. Smokin Reefs

Scolymia - Doughnut Coral?

ive had mine do that before...give it some more flow... Its not starving, its all lacerated. When you put in the tank did you hold it upside down? All thin fleshed corals like that, i.e. torch, hammer, frog spawn, scoly, duncans, dendros need to be pulled out of water upside down. This...
  16. Smokin Reefs

40g breeder tank club

Re: Another day, another attempt looks like you are off to good start.
  17. Smokin Reefs

wanting a new coral

deep water SPS, LPS like favia, open brains, welsophyllia, acan lords... its all good...something colorful...I always look for yellow and red first... OH...and BTW...KENYA TREES ARE THE DEVIL! spreads like the plague
  18. Smokin Reefs

A little perspective

I help some of my LFS's with stock photos and such, and it works out great for me. I get first crack of an order they may get in (when i can afford it) and i get to take cool pics of what i cant. Most of these are from my home tanks. Unfortunately, i grossly outgrew my display and tore it...
  19. Smokin Reefs

NightSea Photos

hers some older ones